Marion Jones--busted for 'the clear'

While this is a little off the beaten track, it kind of continues my line of thinking about a company or person taking shortcuts, then at best not coming forward until discovered.

This is kind of sad, although I think it’s still “newsworthy” in here in the context of my above points. I had once seen Marion Jones’ “rapid development” in pictures posted a while back (maybe a year or more) showing the rapid increase in muscle mass. This was similar to seeing Barry Bonds’ before-and-after steroid pics. It was pretty obvious there was ‘extra help’… anyway, here’s the article for anyone interested.

Now we know why it’s difficult to keep up with the Joneses. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dragemester…ROFL!!! Where do you come up with some of these comments??? That is ROFL hilarious!!! :iagree::bigsmile:

Stripped of all her medals! What is there to say, but is B. Bonds next?

kind of sad not really since she did it to herself. It would have been sad had she not known about it, but I look at it this way she can cry all she wants. I an only sad for the ones who did not cheat and will not get to stand on the platform with the medals they should have won on the day they ran because of her cheating.

I don’t really care. It always bites them later.

I have no compassion for thieves. She stole all those medals she “won”, from people that weren’t cheating.

How humiliating to win something (big) in front of the entire world, and then have it stripped from you later.
Worse, is to have simultaneously earned the disgust of every person that you’ve worked or competed with for much of your life, and to make matters worse … no-one in the world feels any compassion for you.

It’d almost be enough to drive someone to suicide.

[quote=debro;1938699]I don’t really care. It always bites them later.

I have no compassion for thieves. She stole all those medals she “won”, from people that weren’t cheating.

How humiliating to win something (big) in front of the entire world, and then have it stripped from you later.
Worse, is to have simultaneously earned the disgust of every person that you’ve worked or competed with for much of your life, and to make matters worse … no-one in the world feels any compassion for you.

It’d almost be enough to drive someone to suicide.[/quote]
I am in complete agreement with debro.

This reminds me of what Mom use to tell us as kids, “Be sure your sins will find you out”.

Floyd Landis - the cheating Tour de France winner (stripped).

Barry Bonds has not been proven of anything yet. I’m of full support of innocent [B]until proven guilty[/B]. I’m not a Bonds fan, but he has yet to test positive for anything unlike other athletes.

The NFL sack leader last year, Shawn Merriman, was busted for steriods. One of the dirtiest players in football, Patriots safety Rodney Harrison admitted to using HGH to recover from an injury suffered while trying to make someone do the headspinning trick from “The Exorcist”.

If someone fails a test or openly admits to it, condemn them. But for everyone to do the same of someone who has done neither, I don’t agree with whatsoever.

Maybe the “evidence” is there. Yeah, Bonds did get bigger, but the man is getting older, and usually with age you either lose muscle mass or have to work extremely hard to keep it. Who’s to say that he didn’t get his physique from an honest hard work ethic? BTW, size and muscle mass do not = homeruns. Bat speed and hitting the ball at the proper angle do, which I’d say that Barry has one of the top 5 swings in MLB history.

[quote=debro;1938699]I don’t really care. It always bites them later.

It’d almost be enough to drive someone to suicide.[/quote]

That’s a good summary of how it must feel and how much happens in a case like that. I too can’t stand thieves and cheaters, although I think this was a little more surprising than others. It’s no longer a “feat” in such a case, to be sure. It also reminds me of a program I saw on bodybuilders who work their butts off for their muscles and are clean. One guy put it this way: “when you do it the right way basically all you can do is up your calorie intake to support a very tough training regimen, stick with it, and pray you have enough genetics on your side.” :stuck_out_tongue: