Marilyn Manson/Bowling for Columbine

I just watched Bowling for Columbine and I have to say I’m quite surprised with Manson’s interview - never thought he would be such an intelligent person. Even my gf (who found him rather scary and weird at first) was shocked. Anybody else seen this movie?

My friend told me today that this movie is indeed a great one. I have to see it, as I quite like Brian (Marilyn Manson). He’s indeed an extremely smart guy. I once read something about his IQ, being about 148!

Quite some people actually think he’s insane (he knows very well how to shock people) :wink:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]My friend told me today that this movie is indeed a great one. I have to see it, as I quite like Brian (Marilyn Manson). He’s indeed an extremely smart guy. I once read something about his IQ, being about 148!

Quite some people actually think he’s insane (he knows very well how to shock people) :wink: [/B]

I don’t think he’s insane. The definition of that word would also vary depending how ‘sane’ the world you’re currently living in.

He’s eccentric - but the comments he made about the current state of living really surprised me. Mate, you should really see the movie!

Twiggy is my favorite, being as messed up as one can ever be … anyone remember his live interview in MTV? Falling unconscious off the couch while interviewed beats them all!!!

Now really, whatever Marilyn Manson ever accomplished was because Trent was behind, the minute him and Nothing Interscope left them, they changed (for me to the worse) - the “Mechanical Animals” only comes to prove it.

I havent seen the movie, but will do whenever i get the chance - listened to Brian lots of times, i am sure Brian is quite clever.

insane is a legal term. not clinical ;).

i too have heard that this movie is a great one. though i havent seen this movie as of yet, i have only heard positive reviews about it. i will recommend it to all even though i havent seen it myself. personally, im planning on seeing it next week since theyre showing it here at school. i would certainly agree that marilyn manson is quite an intelligent guy…i think that the image he protrays to the public is only a money making scheme. its shocking what he does…but people are attracted to it and invest their money in it.

Anyone who follows Manson will already know that he is an intelligent and articulate person. This in fact tends to decrease one’s interest in his music.

A movie that in which a good amount of fabrication and clever editing was used. Didn’t cover the truth very well and had to make alot of his own.

I’ve seen Bowling for Columbia last week and I found it very interesting.

Originally posted by Wookie
I’ve seen Bowling for Columbia last week and I found it very interesting.

I haven’t heard of Bowling for Columbia, though the Columbians like it I hear… hehe. I just watched Bowling for Colombine, it is a very interesting movie and I liked it. But it is true that he edits and somewhat exagerates some points… for example the gun he gets from the bank actually took a month to get, it appeared to be a 20 minute procedure in the movie. He quite often takes a very leftist aproach to many topics he discusses.
Overall I liked it, but if you are extremely conservative or proactive about guns you probably will just be offended by it.