Many Problems, HELP!

Hello all, I’m new to this forum and new to the software. I recently purchased a license for this software and so far 4 movies in a row I’ve had no success. Normally what I used to do before I got AnyDVD was rip the movie with DVD Decrypter, open it with Nero and remove extras from it along with subtitles and foreign languages and re-save it. Then I would open it with DVD Shrink and burn it to DVD. Now every time I rip a movie, the total progress bar is full and its done, but the top progress bar which tells you the progress of each individual file is halfway complete. When I open the directory of the newly ripped movie by AnyDVD, Nero says it cannot open it because its encrypted…WTF?

Not only that, but ever since I installed AnyDVD, my dvd drive in explorer does not refresh when I insert a new dvd in the drive. I have to kill AnyDVD and restart it to get the disc label to refresh. I do not have autoplay disabled. I am using the most recent version of AnyDVD 6.1.0.0.

Am I doing something wrong? Are there programs installed on my computer that are conflicting with AnyDVD? Any suggests you guys can offer me would be greatly appreciated.

If you have DVD decrypter installed, remove it

1. The best way to rip using Anydvd is to use Clonedvd2. If you can’t or are not willing to do that, this is how you rip using Anydvd:

2. With the latest version of Anydvd running, drag and drop the video_ts folder to your desktop using Windows Explorer. Alternatively, you don’t need to rip at all and can just directly import the disc into whatever burning application you want, provided Anydvd is running in the background. You don’t necessarily need to rip first at all. Not having to rip first at all is one major advantage of using Anydvd.

3. If you can’t get what you want using #1 and #2 first, then you right click on the fox icon on your toolbar and select rip video-dvd to hard disk–but only if methods 1 and 2 fail first. This method uses an old version of FixVTS, which is often not required.

open it with Nero and remove extras from it along with subtitles and foreign languages and re-save it. Then I would open it with DVD Shrink and burn it to DVD

By the way, I have no idea why you would leave Nero Recode to burn in Shrink. Just burn using Recode.

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Anydvd. Make sure to reboot when prompted. Save your key file.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, I’ll try and copy the video_ts folder directly. I would burn the movie using Nero Recode, but it won’t even open the video_ts because it says its still encrypted. What can I do about the dvd drive volume label not refreshing unless I close AnyDVD and reopen it? I’ll let you guys know how burning it directly with AnyDVD running in the background works.

OMG!!! I didn’t have to decrypt it first to my hard drive, I opened the dvd with DVD Shrink and it said not encrypted!!! OMG!! Sorry if I sound like a noob, but I never imagined there was a program that could make this pain-in-the-ass task this simple. So my next question is if it does work this way, what is the point to the AnyDVD Ripper?

ColonelPwnage,
There will be DVD’s out there that you will have to use the ripper function so that FixVTS can be automatically used. If you open the DVD in Shrink w/ AnyDVD running in the background and Shrink has problems then use the ripper function. These problems will be mainly on the Sony DVD’s

http://www.slysoft.com/download/changes_anydvd.txt

“This little tool repairs defective DVDs
while copying them to your harddisk. It can be started from the menu of
the AnyDVD fox icon. It can be started as a stand alone application from
the start menu as well, so it can be used even if AnyDVD is not registered
and the trial period has expired.
It is identical to FixVTS (http://www.videohelp.com/~FixVTS/) but instead
of fixing problems “in place” it copies the files to your harddisk directly
from the source DVD. It fixes the problems while the files are copied.
Some DVDs which have severe mastering defects e.g.,
“Menace II Society” R1 (US) can now be copied with all DVD copy tools
(elby CloneDVD, DVDShrink, etc.) Many thanks to the author of FixVTS!”

Again, I would only use Anydvd ripper as a last resort.

Webby,
For your information, [B]neither[/B] [I]Nero Recode[/I], nor [I]Shrink[/I] is a burner.
The Nero program that burns is [I]Nero Burning ROM[/I].

To be fair, Recode is fully integrated with the Nero burning engine, so, it could appear as though Recode is doing the burning. Definitely a semantics issue on that one. With Shrink, yes, a definite seperation…

What movie are you trying to decrypt?
There are lots of movies that Shrink can do alone.
But not with newer movies form Sony or Disney.

Depends on version and settings, so think it goes beyond semantics, IMHO.

Please explain. Nero Recode is, well, part of the Nero Burning ROM suite. So, how is it NOT integrated with the burning engine, exactly?

What version are you using.
How are you using tHe word “integrate”?

What version? Nero Recode 2 that comes with Nero 6 Ultra. I consider it “fully integrated” because as far as I know, it’s A> part of the Nero Ultra Suite, and B> doesn’t use any burning engine other than, well, um, Nero?? What version are you talking about, exactly? Even the version that’s part of Nero 7(which I will never touch…I dislike where Nero has gone) is still only using the Nero burning engine and doesn’t allow you to use anything else. Recode is Nero’s version of DVD Shrink as they hired the original author of DVD Shrink to work for what used to be called Ahead software which has been renamed to Nero. I don’t believe he still works there and Recode, to my knowledge, has not been updated in a LONG time which is why it has as many problems as DVD Shrink on dealing with the latest copy protections. Anyway, Recode, to my knowledge, has ALWAYS used the Nero burning engine and nothing else. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I am well aware of this. However, there’s no reason to be leaving Recode at all. And I’m not about to give the information you offered here to most users, as it’s simply going to confuse many of them.

No, it doesn’t. You don’t need to leave Recode to burn at all. I’m using version 2.3.7.0, but previous versions for over a year have operated in the same manner.

Thank you.
[I]Integrate[/I] does [B]not[/B] mean [I]automatic[/I], which is where I think our (mis)communication lies.
You can use Nero Recode in Ver 6, and it will not necessarily automatically go to the burning component of Nero.

Yes, ok, I’ll agree with that. You can, for example, output it to an image or to the hard drive. But if you do burn with Recode, it’s using the Nero engine 100% of the time.

You’re mistaken. It does automatically burn the movie after compressing if you want. You don’t need to load another application. You select the output to your burner and click the big “burn” button in Recode.