Manual recording

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the Panasonic Hard Disk drive - 120 GB. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hello, Can somebody please help me,
I have just purchased a Panasonic 42" plasma TV and linked it to a Panasonic DMR-EX768EB with the hdmi cable. My problem is how do I set the DVD recorder to record for a set period of time say 1 hour or 2 hours. When I press the record button on the lower half of the TV 's remote the DVD recorder records ok but i cannot work out how to limit the time it will record for. Probably something simple!!!

Thanks in advance
Neil

I am familiar with USA models, not the EB models. The USA models incrementally increase recording times with additional presses of the REC button. After a manual recording has been started the next REC button press commands 30 minutes of recording, the next press commands one hour, the next press commands 1:30, the next press commands 2:00, the next press commands 3:00, the next press commands 4:00, the next press returns to an open-ended recording.

Many thanks for the reply, You have stated what I thought should happen. Please tell me is there an sign on the display that tells you if you are recording for 1 hour, 2 hours etc.
Thanks
again
Neil

When I mention the remote I am referring to the remote that came with the DVD recorder, not the TV remote.

After selecting a recording duration with the REC button the recording length will show on the TV screen for a couple of seconds. Beyond that I believe different models have different methods of displaying the “remaining recording time.” Some may show a “countdown” on the machine’s display. Try pressing the STATUS button twice. That may cause that information to appear on the TV screen until the next press of the STATUS button.

It’s been a while since I’ve used the manual recording feature. I have Panasonics of the 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 model years so it’s sometimes difficult to recall the variations between my Panasonics. Among my Panasonics I have two different models from both the 2005 and 2006 model years but all the 2007s are of the same model. I have a single 2008 model.

In Instant Record the display will count down how much time is left for that recording.

Many thanks for the advice, it appears only to work in countdown mode when pressing the record button on the DVD player and not from the TV remote.

Thanks again