Manhunt PC

vbimport

Has anyone beaten this copy protection yet? If so, how?

I didnt even know this game was out yet.

If you have the game, please give it a scan with a-ray scanner, to see what kind of protection it has.

www.aray-software.com

then add your game to the ‘Copy Protecton list’.

Thank you

100th post :bigsmile:

I know Hitman Contracts is Starforce3. Is MANHUNT Starforce protected as well? Someone must have Manhunt. I need to know if it’s Starforce, as I plan to buy it but have many probs with Starforce. Thanks

Are you asked to restart your PC after installing MANHUNT? If so, it’s probably Starforce.

You should have a look at my Starforce 3 is beaten post.

See if that works for hitman 3/manhunt if it is protected with starforce.

I haven’t bought the game yet. However, it came out yesterday in the USA. Will that program detect the new StarForce 3? I’m pretty sure it is StarForce 3, but I would like to confirm.

Someone must know what protection this uses.

Originally posted by tim73
Are you asked to restart your PC after installing MANHUNT? If so, it’s probably Starforce.

How does that mean it’s Starforce? I have lots of games that require restart, and they are not Starforce…

I don’t know any non Starforce that ask you to restart. Applications yes, but not games.

Manhunt is Securom 5.030.015. I’ve just bought it.

damn. Well have to wait for a little while until the software gets updated so we can copy this god damn securom 5.

-=[ ProtectionID v5 ]=- © CdKiller
Build 17032004…
> Ready
Scanning -> C:\games\manhunt\manhunt.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 6304256 (0603200h) Bytes
-> Suspicious MZ Header…
[!] SecuRom Detected - Version 5.03.03
[!] Possible CD/DVD-Check String -> CD was

• Scan Took : 1.348 Seconds

Thats the low down on manhunt - crackers anyone?

What is the difference between Securom 4.xx.xxx.xxxx and 5.xx.xxx.xxxx. Is it blacklisting emulation?

v4 was sub-channel data

v5 physical characteristics of a pressed cd ie… density between sector pits

I picked up the game yesterday and as tim73 said, it uses SecuRom 5 (US version at least).

I made a successful backup using the usual technique [bwa].

Off topic note: Maybe it’s just me but this game isn’t living up to the hype… granted I’m only on the 2nd or 3rd level but it’s getting a little old… hope it improves soon or it’s going on e*ay.
Hitman Contracts on the other hand… is kicking major ass.

Does anyone know where i can download the .bwa file for manhunt?

I don’t know if it is my computer (probly is) or if its the game but mine crashes every time I play but give it a try.
For anyone that still needs a way to play the game =P

read rules, dont discuss or link to cracks
thx

Oh yeah i was wondering which disk is supposed to be the play disk??? then i can probly burn it.

Originally posted by grunjee
[B]I picked up the game yesterday and as tim73 said, it uses SecuRom 5 (US version at least).

I made a successful backup using the usual technique [bwa].

Off topic note: Maybe it’s just me but this game isn’t living up to the hype… granted I’m only on the 2nd or 3rd level but it’s getting a little old… hope it improves soon or it’s going on e*ay.
Hitman Contracts on the other hand… is kicking major ass. [/B]

Did you use CCD or BW?

Ok replies to xtacydima and vdk_au:

I used Alcohol 120 (SecuRom New profile) and made a bwa with bwabuilder, then patched the [CCD] image with twinpeaks.

Anyone who needs a bwa for Manhunt, please PM me with your email address and I will send you mine.