Mandrake 9 runs on the Xbox - The box now does it all

I just posted the article Mandrake 9 runs on the Xbox - The box now does it all.

DDay used our newssubmit to tell us that Xbox Linux Mandrake 9 is available on the Xbox. To make it work you will need a modded Xbox and a USB keyboard and mouse connected to the Xbox. The Mandrake…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4637-Mandrake-9--runs-on-the-Xbox---The-box-now-does-it-all.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/4637-Mandrake-9--runs-on-the-Xbox---The-box-now-does-it-all.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Can I run WINE on Mandrake, use an XBOX emulator, then run Mandrake on the emulator? :wink: (Yes I know there isn’t an XBOX emulator, but there might be one one day.) :slight_smile:

To your information : There is a Xbox Emu. It just doesnt run anything valuable (including games). Its called CBRX or something like that. Do a GOOGLE or look at www.xbox-scene.com ViRuZ

you know, mandrake also works on a pc. no joke. and since everybody got a pc, I wonder who is going to use the xbox for mandrake? As far as I am concerned, I just installed mandrake 9 on my pc, everything works fine, and I see no reason in installing it on the xbox. the pc can do everything that the xbox can and more. e.g., you can burn cdrs using a pc. can you do it on xbox? well, using some shitty usb burner, I guess, it would work

Sheeeesh…buy a pc what are we trying to do here…make the wheel rounder…:7

it’s called, having too much time =)

As the Xbox is relativly cheap and rumors go that Microsoft makes losses on the device it self (and makes huge profits on the games) it’s certainly not useless that it is able to boot linux now…

OH MY GOD!! THIS IS AMAZING!! THIS IS THE GREATEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN IN THE HISTORY OF MAN!! THINK ABOUT THE GREAT USES AND CHANGES THIS WILL BRING. Or not.

It’s just a challenge. To see if they can do it. Maybe it is useless. But most the stuff people do is useless. It’s still fun.

Well here’s a challenge… Try standing on yer head and pissing on yer top lip…:4…:7

Giving the X-Box the uses of a general PC will inevitably lower the cost of the general PC. After all if I can make an X-Box a web appliance or a network file server then why is the price of a general PC for this so much more. I’m interested in these projects because I would like there be some use for a $200 X-POS. The crappy games sure aren’t a reason to buy.