Malwarebytes receives lots of criticism for new interface

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: Malwarebytes receives lots of criticism for new interface[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-malwarebytes-95x75.png[/newsimage]

With the release of version 2.0 of the anti-virus software Malwarebytes, the company also introduced a new user interface, for which it receives a lot of criticism.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/malwarebytes-receives-lots-of-criticism-for-new-interface-70970](http://www.myce.com/news/malwarebytes-receives-lots-of-criticism-for-new-interface-70970)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I like the new interface, and for what its worth , this program is essential for Windows users. IMHO.

It looks like very cartoonish to me. I’ll bet they were inspired by not-Metro to create something bright and colorful.

It seems to me that every since Julie Larson-Green invented the “Ribbon” UI, commercial software developers have been living in their own world, where the ugliest designs with the largest icons are what people want. This couldn’t be less true, even if people like Steve Ballmer think it is.

I’ve seen cartoonish. This ain’t it. :slight_smile: Personally, I’m glad to see that some software authors still want to design a nice-looking GUI, especially since everyone these days appears to be rushing to slavishly ape the “flat” Metro UI design (which I think is boring as hell). IMHO, the screenshot above looks to me like it strikes a good balance between dull and cartoonish.

i dont like making a choice of what i want activated and to continuously have pop-ups telling me i am not fully protected. once a choice is made, it should be the end of it!

seems to me to be going down the same road as other products. trying to do too much is gonna get it lose customers. it should have separate products for separate jobs

I like the new interface but what I do not like is they now selling 1 year licenses good for 3 PCs. No more lifetime licenses being sold.

Wished I bought the 15 licenses that I wanted to buy before they started the yearly charging but I guess the 4 licenses I have will have to be good enough.

can transfer them to new computer so they should last a long time

you can still find boxed versions of it for sale I am sure Newegg in Canada which are lifetime.:wink:

[QUOTE=ILLP;2723804]you can still find boxed versions of it for sale I am sure Newegg in Canada which are lifetime.;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks never thought about that and I could try NCIX.ca as well. Going to do some searching tomorrow

Your welcome:)

[QUOTE=AGJ;2723811]Thanks never thought about that and I could try NCIX.ca as well. Going to do some searching tomorrow[/QUOTE]

Hi AGJ :slight_smile:

I’m just trying to help you. i’ve bought some days ago one licence by internet (not boxed) from http://store.downloadcrew.com/p29874-malwarebytes_anti-malware_pro. According its info and some Myce Membrers it’s a lifetime licence. But i realy don’t know if from now on for new buy, this is still valable. Maybe someone knowing better than me can confirm this :iagree:

[QUOTE=Learning More;2723826]Hi AGJ :slight_smile:

I’m just trying to help you. i’ve bought some days ago one licence by internet (not boxed) from http://store.downloadcrew.com/p29874-malwarebytes_anti-malware_pro. According its info and some Myce Membrers it’s a lifetime licence. But i realy don’t know if from now on for new buy, this is still valable. Maybe someone knowing better than me can confirm this :iagree:[/QUOTE]
I just bought one (lifetime) for 18.95$
Ant :flower:

[QUOTE=ant1rock;2723860]I just bought one (lifetime) for 18.95$
Ant :flower:[/QUOTE]
Yo ant1rock, did you get the boxed version, if you did , do not use the disk, its the old version, download it from the website and use the codes.

[QUOTE=Learning More;2723826]Hi AGJ :slight_smile: But i realy don’t know if from now on for new buy, this is still valable.[/QUOTE]

As long as it’s on DownloadCrew’s website listed as lifetime,you can bet your *ss on it that it IS lifetime…:wink:
It’s not a 13 in a dozen website…Those guys are VERY relputable!:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=ant1rock;2723860]I just bought one (lifetime) for 18.95$
Ant :flower:[/QUOTE]

Nice Ant :slight_smile: i’m happy for you :flower:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2723862]As long as it’s on DownloadCrew’s website listed as lifetime,you can bet your *ss on it that it IS lifetime…:wink:
It’s not a 13 in a dozen website…Those guys are VERY relputable!:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Hi roadworker :slight_smile:

Thank you for your info :flower:

Yo Alan,i bought from http://store.downloadcrew.com/p29874...ti-malware_pro and for the moment i’ll stay with V.1.75.0.1300 fully updated
Ant

[QUOTE=ant1rock;2723866] for the moment i’ll stay with V.1.75.0.1300 fully updated
Ant[/QUOTE]

If you’re not in a hurry to have the latest stuff,you can play safe and use v1.75 until you decide the time is right for an update.:iagree:
I installed v2.0.0 because of the integrated anti-rootkit scanner…that ads an extra level of security that usually goes unnoticed by conventional antivirus software…

Interestingly, v2 is only for home users at this time.

I discovered this earlier when I tried updating the version on my work PC and came across this page.

The business version (v1.75) looks identical to the consumer version. From what I can see, there is no visual difference between it and what I recall on the v1.75 consumer version. This probably explains why there are quite a lot of requests on their forum asking when the registration is due to renewal or even how to tell if a lifetime license is in use, as even the registration info screen doesn’t look any different despite business licenses being an annual subscription per PC.

[QUOTE=kevpc;2723785]i dont like making a choice of what i want activated and to continuously have pop-ups telling me i am not fully protected. once a choice is made, it should be the end of it!

seems to me to be going down the same road as other products. trying to do too much is gonna get it lose customers. it should have separate products for separate jobs[/QUOTE]

I agree, the thing annoys the hell out of me telling I’m not fully protected.
Kaspersky turns the auto real time parts off which is fine as I have only ran Malwarebytes manually It’s getting very slightly on the bloated side, but it does catch a hell of a lot of nasties that Kaspersky doesn’t.

Download crew only allows you to purchase 2 licenses so made 2 transactions and need wait processing.

4 more licenses should be good for what I want them for