Malware that causes fake BSOD should convince users to purchase 'Windows Defender Essentials'

Originally published at: https://www.myce.com/news/malware-causes-fake-bsod-convince-users-purchase-windows-defender-essentials-83126/

A new type of malware first shows a fake Blue Screens of Death (BSOD), and then a fake troubleshooting wizard, to try to convince victims to buy Windows Defender Essentials, a fake non-existing version of Microsoft’s Windows Defender. Fortunately there is a trick to make the malware stop doing its job.

[quote]A new type of malware first shows a fake Blue Screens of Death (BSOD), and then a fake troubleshooting wizard, to try to convince victims to buy Windows Defender Essentials[/quote]Hello, Defender is free for Windows users…where are the people’s own “thinking outside of the Box”. People are such suckers to not only not think really hard but by this time know their own Windows license gives them Defender already for Free. The trick here is to ask “Why” does it ask to buy something that is GIVEN free to Windows License users. I guess there are SHEEPS that are required to be slaughter still as if the Equailfail wasn’t bad enough.

Bet I could ask 20 random people if they had bought Windows Defender and 20 of them would look at me blankly…

And I can do the same vise versa and ask how many gave their CC and bank accounts to Malware or Scammers as well. By now if they don’t get a out of the box reality check then they shouldn’t be on the WWW and start some serious book reading to get some comprehension back.

Where can I download the malware? I would like to infect VMs with it.
I have a passion for malware.