Malaysian dvd!

Hi guys…i have got a problem with a malaysian dvd which is a copyrighted one… i suppose, however, i tried it on every dvd/combo, dvd writer and it didnt work, but somehow it works fine on a hitachi dvd player…please help me out with this how can i overcome this defect…or whatever is wrong with the dvd…

Originally posted by sifaksuno
Hi guys…i have got a problem with a malaysian dvd which is a copyrighted one… i suppose, however, i tried it on every dvd/combo, dvd writer and it didnt work, but somehow it works fine on a hitachi dvd player…please help me out with this how can i overcome this defect…or whatever is wrong with the dvd…

what do you mean by , it is not working? tell me the make of the dvd/combo and dvd writer you had mentioned , and also where did you buy the dvd from?

sorry arun_34 for being un-descriptive (if there is a word like this…;), the dvd/combo make was LG dunno the model number, the dvdwriter is the one accompanied by a acer laptop291 Lmi, i have also tried on other dvd roms on the other pc’s, but all in vain…IT DOES NOT WORK ON A PC (the program i used to play the dvd on was PowerDVD 5.0) however didnt work on a pc, but works perfectly fine on a dedicated DVD player (ie, normal dvd player which can be easily connected to TV’s for home entertainment) which led me to believe that it suppose not suppose to work on a pc, but i think you people might find out a way to play it on a PC dvd rom. and for the company make, its some dvd suthoring company in malaysia which makes cheap dvd’s for supermarket franchise in UAE (dubai), Carrefour (french company).

check the region code of the dvd and compare it to the region codes supported by ur dvd/combo and dvd writer .

Its region free dvd…like i said i know everything about to play the dvd…and stuff u know the normal stuff, tried it all, i even played in a linux system…it says no medium found…and in many xp pc i have tried it says no cd in drive…but in some xp pc’s it opens up a window with two folders AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_ts…but it does not play in the PC…but plays on a DVD player.!!help me out yaar!!