Making Protected Audio CD

Im tryin to make protected audio cd so people who i let borrow my cds dont copy them :stuck_out_tongue: (bs reason ;-)) i wanted to make a TOC so they can still listen to them on their computer but i dont know what am i suppose to add to the cue to make it illegal. thankz

here’s what my cue looks like right now…

PERFORMER “G-Unit”
TITLE “Beg 4 Mercy”
FILE "C:\Documents and Settings\Jay\My Documents\Beg 4 Mercy.wav”WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / G-Unit”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Poppin Them Tags”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 03:29:33
TRACK 03 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / My Buddy”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 07:30:25
TRACK 04 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / I’m So Hood”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 11:14:32
TRACK 05 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Stunt 101”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 13:39:55
TRACK 06 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Wanna Get to Know You”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 17:32:04
TRACK 07 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Groupie Love”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 21:57:14
TRACK 08 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Better Ask Somebody”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 26:11:32
TRACK 09 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Footsteps”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 30:04:40
TRACK 10 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Eye for an Eye”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 34:26:03
TRACK 11 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Smile”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 38:21:30
TRACK 12 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Baby You Got”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 41:59:37
TRACK 13 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Salute You”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 46:03:29
TRACK 14 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Beg for Mercy Feat. Dr Dre”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 49:04:09
TRACK 15 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / G’d Up”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 51:43:09
TRACK 16 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Lay You Down”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 56:30:19
TRACK 17 AUDIO
TITLE “G-Unit / Gangsta Shit”
PERFORMER “G-Unit”
INDEX 01 60:33:30

Dear JaE,

Don’t try to protect your Audio CD by Cue file.That is IMPOSSIBLE.
You should try out this method.

First of all create a compilation with all of your songs that you would like to protect.Burn an audio CD with for example Nero / CDRwin on a CDRW.

Create an image of the Audio CD by CloneCD.
Now you can edit the CCD file to implement a protection.

First of all change the Control field of the tracks.

0x00 is for audio
0x04 is for data tracks

For safety reasons change every Control field in the CCD file to mask audio tracks as data.Stand alone CD Players don’t use the control byte information for playing.They are only interested in the sub channel that you will not change.

If you have changed those information,than you can burn the CCD file with CloneCD.You will achieve a hard to copy CD couse the Audio will be seen as data but Audio does not posses all of the PQ parity bytes , EDC&ECC etc etc so the drive will fall out with read errors.To make your CD even harder to copy find in the CCD file [Entry 2] - it is resposble for the lead out start.
Change the PMin,PSec,PFrame (that is correct of I remember :slight_smile: )
to for example PMin = 2 , PSec = 21 ,PFrame = 45

You CD will have than only 2 minuts 21 seconds and 45 frames.

BTW : Such protected Audio CD WILL NOT BE PLAYABLE ON ANY PC!!!

See I want the CD to be playable in PC’s because i know alotta people go home and listen to it on they PC’s instead of their stereos like myself.

Originally posted by MateuszMiX
[B]
Create an image of the Audio CD by CloneCD.
Now you can edit the CCD file to implement a protection.

First of all change the Control field of the tracks.

0x00 is for audio
0x04 is for data tracks[/B]
Hello MateuszMiX. Will modifying the .ccd file allow CloneCD to burn via the altered control file? I can see that you are saying this but I thought that Clone choked on such a change. Thanks

Yes CloneCD will allow to write with the changed controls.
It is a really simple to implement protection and it is even effective.Try it out :slight_smile:

MateuszMix,

1. Would I be able to do the same for a Video CD?

2. is there any way to keep it PC compatible (i.e. by using a different program after that, say
    WebtoolMaster CD Protect

3. Does your method protect against windows explorer from simply copying the audio track out of the disc?

Thanks!

oli84

Yes this method protects audio CD against PC drives.You will not be able to rip the tracks.

For the VideoCD part , there is aprogram that protects VideoCD projects , I don’t remember the name of it.When I’m get back home I’ll check it rigth away :slight_smile:

Hi,

figured out what program it is yet? :slight_smile:

It is : SafeCD 2.0

http://www.thaidv.net
go to Dowload section–>Freeware look for SafeVCD 2.0

Haven’t tried to check it out , if you will not find it there just simple search.

I’ve gotten the program, thanks. :slight_smile:

Haven’t tried it out yet, but do you think this program would prevent ppl from just copying the .dat file (basically the mpeg file converted to vcd) out of explorer?

If you need to protect the file.For example the file will be 1.5GB than you need TZCopyProtection 1.5.5 :

http://wave.prohosting.com/~tzcp/TZCP155FullInstall.zip

You will find how to do it in the manuals.

Originally posted by MateuszMiX
[B]If you need to protect the file.For example the file will be 1.5GB than you need TZCopyProtection 1.5.5 :

http://wave.prohosting.com/~tzcp/TZCP155FullInstall.zip

You will find how to do it in the manuals. [/B]

Would this actually keep the VCD both standalone and PC compatible while preventing any sort of copying? Thanks.

I have the program now but have yet to test it out.

Also, what do you think of this method:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=490168#post490168

That audio protection with clone will NOT work on DVD players and have issues with most Car Players, I do not advise doing that.

PCM RAW data cannot be protected, leave it alone.

Why not use CCDLock. I think it does a great job and deems the any audio cd copiable by means of CloneCD only. Even an average user will not anticipate to wait so long for CCd to analyze the cd and will most likely quit. Of course am advanced user will be able to copy it, or any true hearted cdfreak here :smiley:

You will only ever defeat a casual attempt at reading. Forget trying to lock it up completely.

Originally posted by FutureProof
You will only ever defeat a casual attempt at reading. Forget trying to lock it up completely.

Yep and CCD-Lock, EAL, CAP or ANY of the freeware apps that say they protect CDDA simply screw it up beyond repair.

Companies have spent millions to make CDDA Copy Protection and they have had issues with it (having compatibilty problems and it still being defeated!)

As FP said you will ONLY stop your average people (not us) and the sacrafice is a seriously screwed up CD that won’t play on most players.

Leave it alone! Data has an extra set of error correction bits (it can be protected) PCM DATA does not it is just one wav file after another…do not try to protect audio, forget about it.

Originally posted by oli84
I’ve gotten the program, thanks. :slight_smile:

Sorry if my post is not quite on subject, but I tried to download SafeVCD from www.thaidv.net and I didn’t found. Can you give me the URL of the program, please? Or tell me where can I find the program?

Thanks.

Originally posted by KameleOnOff
[B]Sorry if my post is not quite on subject, but I tried to download SafeVCD from www.thaidv.net and I didn’t found. Can you give me the URL of the program, please? Or tell me where can I find the program?

Thanks. [/B]

Try this:

http://www.thaidv.net/download.php?op=viewdownload&cid=4

I found it. Thank you.

this program will prevent the Pc from actualy seeing the VCD :slight_smile: So try to extrack anything from a CD that isn’t detected :slight_smile: