Making PRESSED CD's

vbimport

My friend have just come back from Pakistan, and they brought along with them some VCD's.

I could copy them great etc., but when i tried to read the ATIP , i realised it had none! i found this strange, as although the cd was silver on the underside, i figured it was a copy and not some sort of original because it costed less than £1 [and was v.good quality.]

If these VCD's are pressed, how did the makers of the VCD "press" it.

Any additiional info. welcome!

Doubt this belongs in the media forum, but I’ll leave that up to OC-Freak.

In China you can find a lot of these pressed cds as well. There is a master and that will be used in a factory press to make these large batches of cds.

This is mostly done by illegal groups who do not pay copyrights and can produce at low costs in large volumes. Since these CDs are obviously violating copyright they are illegal, hence I can’t (won’t) help you further, sorry.

[list=a]
[li]Why does this thread not belong here - its to do with the nature of the CD im talking about
[/li][li]You can’t refuse help on only a hunch / assumption, surely!
[/li][/list=a]

This looks like pressed illegal discs, in Asia there is big factories making illegal pressed discs for nearly free.

That’s why they have no ATIP, they are pressed!!

But let’s stop this discussion now since we want to stay on the legal side, okay?

sure [and i now know whats going on anyway --> thanks]

[Edit]In fact, “This looks like pressed illegal discs, in Asia there is big factories making illegal pressed discs for nearly free.”, In Pakistan, I don’t think such factories are illegal, under their law, unless there is international law on this (not that any americans could take this view - they’re always breaking international law - Guantanamo Bay, ICBM treaty, kyoto treaties…)
[/Edit]

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[list=a]
[li]Why does this thread not belong here - its to do with the nature of the CD im talking about
[/li]
Because it doesn’t really discuss CD-R media, but the way of manufacturing pressed cds perhaps? But since OC-Freak left it here, it must have been in the right place somehow.

Originally posted by shuebhussain
[li]You can’t refuse help on only a hunch / assumption, surely!
[/li]> [/list=a]

This is not a simple assumption, it is a well educated one. You cannot simply believe that when you talk about cheap cds like that, that they are legal.

If you ask me, you formulated the question wrong and amost literally said you are want to learn more about illegal activities, you should know better than that to ask such things on this forum and thus disrespecting this forum…but that is probably just my ignorant opinion :wink:

It may be misplaced yes. But there is no place where it fits 100% (since the questions is questionable when it comes to legality it should probably not be on this board at all according to our rules), probably general hardware forum would have been more correct.

Guess I’m off to Asia on my next trip… :stuck_out_tongue:

me 2 - i cant wait till i next go2 Pakistan.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
But let’s stop this discussion now since we want to stay on the legal side, okay?

Come on boyz - lets respect OC’s request. :wink: