Making Plextor drives REGEON FREE?

Hi y’all,

I have an
PX-116A and an PX-712A

I have allot of Regeon 1 DVD that I bought from the Internet.
How can I make both my drives regeon free?

Have a look at the Firmware Page… Keep in mind: flashing your drive with an unofficial firmware version may void your warranty.

Ah,

thx for the tip and link :slight_smile:

Does anyone tried the Region Free RPC1 1.05 for 712A? Currently my setting is Region 1 (4 changes left). What happen if I flash with RPC1 1.05? And what happen if I want to change back to official 1.05? I’m not brave enough to try it myself.

Does anyone tried the Region Free RPC1 1.05 for 712A? Currently my setting is Region 1 (4 changes left). What happen if I flash with RPC1 1.05? And what happen if I want to change back to official 1.05? I’m not brave enough to try it myself.

if you’re not brave enough to try it out then i would suggest you buy a LITEON DVD-ROM instead. flashing LITEON DVD-ROM’s & making them region free is not hard at all. i personally don’t use my dvd burners for ripping dvd files. here’s a link for LITEON DVD-ROM’s for region free:

http://codeguys.rpc1.org/firmwares.html

LITEON DVD-ROM model SOHC-5232K is a good one to purchase.

RIG 1

PENT 4 3.0C Northwood chip (800fsb), ASUS mobo, 1 gb PC3200 (2x 512mb) Crucial & Kingston RAM, Pioneer 107D, Toshiba 1612 Dvd-Rom, Liteon 811s, Canopus ADVC-100, 200 GB Maxtor Hard Drive, 160 GB SATA Maxtor Hard Drive.

RIG 2

PENT 4 2.4 Northwood Chip (400fsb), Shuttle mobo, 1 gb PC2100 (2x 512 mb) Crucial & Kingston RAM, Plextor 708A, Toshiba 1612 Dvd-Rom, Plextor 48x24x48 CDRW, Maxtor Internal Hard Drives 60 gb, 120 gb, 200 gb. External Firewire 120 gb hard drive.

@DVD_Addict: thanks but it doesn’t answer my simple questions. I actually don’t need to change from Region 1 at the moment because I don’t have DVD other than region 1. Just simply wants to know.

I haven’t tried it, but if you flash it with RPC1 1.05 then your drive will be region free. If you change back to the official 1.05 then your drive will be RPC2 again and my guess will be that you’ll be asked to set a default region and then you’ll have only 4 more changes left again.

You may want to consider a simpler option like AnyDVD, DVD Region Free or similar software … then you don’t even need to flash your drive, it will be seen as multiregion (RPC1) by the OS and any Programs you might use … no warranty to void and no danger whatsoever … plus you’ll get few other very interesting software features …

I flashed my Panasonic DVD-ROM unit with a RPC1 FW without any problems … so I can’t see any problems you might have if you decide to make your Plextor RPC1 … and if you don’t like it you can always flash it back I guess …