Making external DVD/CD rw unit available

vbimport

I have installed Nero 4 for Linux on my Acer One netbook and can run it but it cannot locate my external USB 2 Qubz DVD/cd reader/writer. Can you advise what I need to do to make the drive available to Nero please?
Many thanks, Stuart

If it is an external drive, make sure that the corresponding /dev/sgXX file is readable and writable by your user account. This is the entry point that Nero Linux will use to communicate with the device.

[QUOTE=mathf;2457840]If it is an external drive, make sure that the corresponding /dev/sgXX file is readable and writable by your user account. This is the entry point that Nero Linux will use to communicate with the device.[/QUOTE]

I found /dev/sg0 and /dev/sg1 and set the permissions to 666. Re-ran Nero but it will still only write an image file. Is this a limitation of the trial version or did I not understand you correctly?

No there is no such limitation.
Hummm stupid question: is your recorder recognized by the system at all ?

[QUOTE=mathf;2461592]No there is no such limitation.
Hummm stupid question: is your recorder recognized by the system at all ?[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I was not clear. The recorder seems to be found ok and I did select it. When I try to burn a CD Nero report an unspecified error. I have attached the log output. Can you advise me?
Many thanks, Stuart

Log2.txt (9.53 KB)

[B]Error burning CD

[/B]As mentioned previously I cannot burn a CD; I get errors every time. The log attached to the last post shows this. I have now attached the USB drive to a PC and used the WinXP version of Nero to burn exactly the same files with no error so it does appear to be the Nero4 / linux OS combination causing the problems. Can anyone help by looking at the log and advising?

Many thanks,

Stuart

According to the error message in the log file I would check if the firmware of the recorder is up to date.