Making Copies of DVD-RAM Disk Playable on All DVD Players

vbimport

I like to burn stuff on my Panasonic ES15 recorder and use some of the features available only when using -RAM disks (ie creating new chapters). I have a Pioneer DVR-116D DVD reader on the computer, so I have a drive that can read them. How do I copy these disks so that I can play them on any DVD player? Is there some conversion software necessary?

Are you trying to play the DVD-RAM discs on the player itself? if so that might not work, not many players are compatible with DVD-RAM discs! you can however copy/convert the videos on the disc, and then burn them to a DVD-+R or a DVD±RW.

[QUOTE=RCM;2183164]Are you trying to play the DVD-RAM discs on the player itself? if so that might not work, not many players are compatible with DVD-RAM discs! you can however copy/convert the videos on the disc, and then burn them to a DVD-+R or a DVD±RW.[/QUOTE]

That’s what I’m asking how to do.

OK. I copied the VRO file to the hard drive, changed the extension to .mpg and was able to load it into ConvertXtoDVD and create a regular DVD from that. Problem is, I’ve lost the chapter breaks which is why I would want to burn with a DVD-RAM in the first place. I believe the ES15 only allows creation of chapters in -RAM format correct? The POS LG model I used to have would allow doing it on -RW (VR) disks and I could keep the breaks when I made copies of the -RW disk.

Is there a simple way to put the chapter breaks from the .mpg file or after conversion? Or perhaps with the ES15 onto -RW or +RW disks so I can easily copy them onto regular DVDs?

TMPGEnc-Author will import the entire disc and also import all the chapter points too. The VRO file only contains the MPEG, the chapter points are in another folder, so you must import the entire disc. In TMPGEnc, you use the “Source Wizard” pathway to import a RAM disc.

I was looking for something free, should just be a one-timer.