Making Burned copies of ps2 to work

I burned a copy of a ps2 game with Nero. The burn said it completed successfully, but when I try to play it in my ps2, the ps2 says it is does not recognize this as a ps2 game. I then found out that I need a mod chip for my ps2. How do I do this? Also I heard that if you put a mod chip in the ps2 that it will then only play burned copies and nothing else, is this true? Can someone please help me?

With a modchip you can still play originals as well as backups

How hard is it to install this mod chip? Is the chip expensive?

Its not for beginners as there are a lot of wires to solder onto a very small area best to get a pro to do it.
Also depending on country you are in it might be illegal…

I wouldn’t be doing it , my boyfriend will. He is a welder by profession. Macho man as he is (Ha Ha)(More like Tim Allen type) He was wondering what all was involved. I am in the US

They do make no-solder modchips and all you do is stick it in where the ribbon cable goes…it interupts the boot so it will play these games…however the drawback is that you start with one disk(bootdisk) and switch to the other(game)…This is the one that i have it is very simple you can get this chip here http://www.modchip.com/ps2/

But other options are the one you can solder which can be gotten at the same site but there are plenty of other sites too…some will install for you cheaper if you buy there chip…just google “How to mod a playstation” and should come up with several results.

But in my opion the best way to go is with HDLoader

The way HDLoader works is there is using the program that they send you with the 120 gig hard drive, and network adapter that plugs into the back of PS2. This way you will save the money on the disk

Look at this link and you will see what i am talking about http://www.consolesource.com/ecomm/customer/product.php?productid=1928&cat=1&page=3

I have my xbox set up in a similarway with a 160 gig hard drive attached and currently have 60 games on it with 40 gig left but all this may vary depending on the size of games

Hope this helps

I have a copy of a ps2 game made with Nero. But my console seems not to recognize it. I have a Ripper chip installed, and I have no trouble reading copies made by someone else, (not me). Is it necessary to confire Nero in some special way to burn the cds. Or it´s only a matter of the ripper chip. Somevbody can help, me. Please!!!

Bet

[QUOTE=Christine18;745626]I burned a copy of a ps2 game with Nero. The burn said it completed successfully, but when I try to play it in my ps2, the ps2 says it is does not recognize this as a ps2 game. I then found out that I need a mod chip for my ps2. How do I do this? Also I heard that if you put a mod chip in the ps2 that it will then only play burned copies and nothing else, is this true? Can someone please help me?[/QUOTE]i am a X sony fix it man and i kone how to get the burned copys to work you need a lital computer kown how and a software calld sony gameing diagnostics and repare disk v.2.8.032.004.100 for you ps2 system so you can get into the bios and disabal the game varification setings vea a crossover cable and you need to download the torent of it with shood come with 2 iso images to burn and you need to also download a my torent of ps2 diagnositcs and repare disk exact burner. so you can burn the iso imag of the disc for the ps2 too work with your ps2 system. i can get in big troble for helping you so plezz dont tell sony that i helped you. by the way it will violat the waranty of you system.