Making an image of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Deluxe

I’m trying to make an image of RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Deluxe, so I can mount it in Daemon Tools, then I can play at night without the cd drive making a racket! lol I tried making an image using Alcohol 120% and set it to SecuROM (The Game uses SecuROM 4.83.11.0049 ), but when I mount the image in Daemon, the cd logo comes up spinning then goes off and the game don’t load :sad: Is there any settings I have to put in Alcohol to make it work or is the defaults fine?

Thanks in advance

[QUOTE=Timmy.Tam;2447236]I tried making an image using Alcohol 120% and set it to SecuROM [/QUOTE]Which SecuROM datatype exactly did you set in Alcohol ? There are three of them for CDs.

[QUOTE=Timmy.Tam;2447236]the cd logo comes up spinning then goes off and the game don’t load[/QUOTE]Do you get any error message or does it simply not launch ?

[QUOTE=Terramex;2447276]Which SecuROM datatype exactly did you set in Alcohol ? There are three of them for CDs.
Do you get any error message or does it simply not launch ?[/QUOTE]

SecuROM NEW 4/5/7 and no error, the spinning disc icon just goes off.

Does the game launch when using the original disc ?

btw. there is no special setting you have to care about when mounting an image

[QUOTE=Terramex;2447289]Does the game launch when using the original disc ?

btw. there is no special setting you have to care about when mounting an image[/QUOTE]

Game works fine from the original disc

Would you please zip your mds file and attach it in your next post ?

Done!

I don’t know if it matters or not, but the image filesize is 820mb, but the cd is only 600mb odd :confused: Is that normal?

RCT2.zip (22.8 KB)

Actually i doubt it’ll work better, but would you please try the attached file instead of yours ?

[QUOTE=Timmy.Tam;2447597]I don’t know if it matters or not, but the image filesize is 820mb, but the cd is only 600mb odd :confused: Is that normal?[/QUOTE]Yes, that’s normal.
e.g. if you would have created a simple ISO with 2048 bytes/sector it would have only the 600MB user data.
With a SecuROM profile the CD is read in RAW mode (+ subchannel data) with 2448 bytes/sector.
Hence the additional data.

RCT2.zip (2.83 KB)

[QUOTE=Terramex;2447610]Actually i doubt it’ll work better, but would you please try the attached file instead of yours ?
Yes, that’s normal.
e.g. if you would have created a simple ISO with 2048 bytes/sector it would have only the 600MB user data.
With a SecuROM profile the CD is read in RAW mode (+ subchannel data) with 2448 bytes/sector.
Hence the additional data.[/QUOTE]

OMG it works!!! When I first start it, it comes up insert the disc in drive F. but luckily it lets you change the letter, so changed it to G and it works fine! Thank you so much for fixing it!!! :bow:

You’re welcome :slight_smile:
I’m still curious why you didn’t get any error message - never encountered that behaviour before.
But it’s all right as long as it works now.