Making an image of a cd protected with Safedisc 1

vbimport

I’m trying to create a cd image on my hard drive of Sim Theme Park. I used Clony XXL and determined that the disc was protected by Safedisc 1. Problem is, when I try to create the image in Alcolhol 120% I am CONSTANTLY getting “Disc read error at: (block whatever)” Not to mention the fact that its going incredibly slow. about 0.5% in 15 minutes…

What should I be doing to get this to work? Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by WWWebmaster
[B]I’m trying to create a cd image on my hard drive of Sim Theme Park. I used Clony XXL and determined that the disc was protected by Safedisc 1. Problem is, when I try to create the image in Alcolhol 120% I am CONSTANTLY getting “Disc read error at: (block whatever)” Not to mention the fact that its going incredibly slow. about 0.5% in 15 minutes…

What should I be doing to get this to work? Thanks for the help. [/B]

Use the search button, and you will find that this is normal. Read errors are part of the SafeDisc protection, and should stop around Sector 10,000~10,500. After that it will speed up and eventually you will get a good image.

Good Luck:)

Disc read errors are normal for safedisc protected games (unreadable sectors are the protection :wink: ).

A typical safedisc 1 protected cd will have between 800 and 2,350 unreadable sectors, all in the first ~10,500 sectors (first 3% approx), so the initial reading speed will be slow unless you have a fast error skipping drive.

I don’t know what type of reading device you’re using but just be patient. Once it has finished reading the first ~10,500 sectors, it will only take another 2 to 3 minutes to read the rest of the cd.

10,500!!! Argh! And I was almost there too right before I canceled! 8,000 or something:p

Guess I’ll just have to be patient again sigh since neither of my drives support the fast error skipping.:frowning:

Thanks for the help! I’ll be back if I have any more troubles!:bigsmile: