Making an dvdcopy with CloneDVD 1.3.11.2 and making another dvdcopy with it?

From an original dvd-film I have made an copy with Clonedvd 1.3.11.2 on a dvd+rw (i use philips), to check if the movie is flawless, now I want to make from this another dvdcopy onto a blank dvd+r is this possible with clonedvd 1.3.11.2 ?

:rolleyes:

Yes. Choose the second case (the middle one), Clone a DVD

What to do ? I tried making a dvdcopy on philips dvd+rw with clonedvd that went perfect I tried recently to make a another backup of the dvdcopy on dvd+rw to a dvd+r it gave me freezing images after 40 minutes of movie play. How come ?

It could be either the quality of your media or your DVD player may not like DVD+R. Can you try DVD-R?

“It could be either the quality of your media or your DVD player may not like DVD+R. Can you try DVD-R?”

Thanx for the response Livingday, well I am checking into that, I have an provision dvd home player, so it supports on this page: http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers

you can check if your bought dvd player supports dvd-r/rw or dvd+r/rw or both, so i am looking into that matter right now.

I have made an dvdbackup with clonedvd 1.3.11.2 onto an dvd+rw (philips brand) and of that I copied it to another blank dvd+rw through nero and no freezes or hangup (now if clonedvd did the same) so I am going to test it on a dvd+r and see if this.

I think the reason why backingup a backup all made with clonedvd has to do with the re-transcoding of a movie and that there’s the thing about it.

I read that another program dvd-cloner 2.10 on their website supports making an backup with their software and a backup as many times as possible if you want to.
So I am checking that out too. Have you used it ?

I read that there’s an bugfix of clonedvd version 1.13.12
? Do you know anyhting about it?

Originally posted by FutureProof

For the experts:
You can also use the 3rd button (write existing data) on a DVD already created (preprocessed) by CloneDVD. This can be faster, as there are no temporary files necessary.

“For the experts:
You can also use the 3rd button (write existing data) on a DVD already created (preprocessed) by CloneDVD. This can be faster, as there are no temporary files necessary.”

Thanx for the info Olli, do u know if I would use this button, making a backup of a backup with clonedvd makes sure that no hangup or freezes on my standalone dvd player occur, cause I used the second button before and it got me freezing movie after 40 minutes. (has to do with re-transcoding) ?

Originally posted by solveprogramissue
[B]“For the experts:
You can also use the 3rd button (write existing data) on a DVD already created (preprocessed) by CloneDVD. This can be faster, as there are no temporary files necessary.”

Thanx for the info Olli, do u know if I would use this button, making a backup of a backup with clonedvd makes sure that no hangup or freezes on my standalone dvd player occur, cause I used the second button before and it got me freezing movie after 40 minutes. (has to do with re-transcoding) ? [/B]

I don’t think it should make any difference, but you can give it a try.

Originally posted by Olli

You can also use the 3rd button (write existing data) on a DVD already created (preprocessed) by CloneDVD.
This can be faster, as there are no temporary files necessary.
Yes, this can be faster but only in case if the source is :

a) another DVD reader/writer w the once preprocessed-and-to-be-copied-again DVDR media
b) still existing temporary files.

By the way, Olli, speaking of the 3rd button,
I have a weird issue when processing a couple of movies w the Sneak Preview.
Here’s what I’m getting when it’s time to insert a blank DVDR to continue the writing process.

This error doesn’t occure if I :

a) copy the same movies with CloneDVD 1.3.11.2 all the way through
b) when seeing this error, close CloneDVD Sneak Preview, start CloneDVD 1.3.11.2,

use the 3rd button, continue and finish the writing successfully.

Which means that this particular error takes place only while I’m using CloneDVD Sneak Preview.
I wonder what this could mean ?

TIA !

Hi Boskin,

many thanks, I was immediately able to reproduce the problem.

The Sneak Preview’s support for unicode path names seems to be broken :frowning:

We will fix this as soon as possible.

Originally posted by armin

Hi Boskin,

many thanks, I was immediately able to reproduce the problem.

The Sneak Preview’s support for unicode path names seems to be broken :frowning:

We will fix this as soon as possible.
Hi armin,

thanks for the response !
Yes, you’re right. Since those were old Russian comedies,
I was typing the volume labels in Russian, which sort of made more sense to me. :smiley:

Edit Btw, here are those “names” :bigsmile:

Volume Name <5=O5B ?@>D5AA8N
Volume Name 02:07A:0O ;5==8F0
Volume Name ?5@0F8O+
Volume Name @8;;80=B>20O @C:0

Originally posted by solveprogramissue

I want to make from this another dvdcopy onto a blank dvd+r is this possible with clonedvd 1.3.11.2 ?

Yes, it’s very easy to do.

Please note that this method is valid for those who
don’t "have the option to proceed with exsisting file formats from the hard drive or other sources".

Originally posted by BoSkin

1. Well, since your DVDR has already been pre-processed,
    you don’t have to worry about choosing the menus and stuff once again :

1. Getting the files > either :

or :

1. Since everything’s already done, the quality’s 100 %

1. Audio

1. Ready to GO !

1. The reading of the copied DVDR is now finished, just insert a blank DVDR and Voila ! :

1. Writing :

Keep goin’ Bo, excellent posting, outstanding CD Freaks community assistance :bow: You might be our first CD Freaks G0d (Minimum Posts: 4500). Maybe we’d have to make you an honorary mod, or a custom title of your choice. Anyway it turns out, we’ll throw a party for you :iagree:

Anyway it turns out, we’ll throw a party for you :iagree:
Wow. That sounds fabulous. Mucho gracias ! :smiley:

Thank you all for the info, Olli thanx for the tip on using the third button in clonedvd 1.3.11.2.

1. I backed up an movie of 2 hours first on a dvd+rw
    using the second button on clonedvd
  2. then I went through the movie on my standalone
    home dvd player (provision) to check always for
    hang ups or freezing images, none were there.
  3. :smiley: when having this preprocessed movie done
    already by clonedvd 1.3.11.2 I used the third button
    in the program and burned an perfect copy of a
    copy :D, no hang ups no freezes.

Note: I founded out for myself that when a movie is
transcoded by clonedvd already, and you re-
transcode it there lies the problem hangups and
freezes.

Second note: when you have the dvd9 compressed to a
dvd5 you only have to transfer the
compressed dvd5 to another dvd5
Tip: 1. when you have an already transcoded dvd5 disc
(whether r or rw) with clonedvd, use the third
button in clonedvd in the begin screen
2. insert your already transcoded dvd in dvd-rom
3. select source (here is the tricky part if you don’t
click on dvd disc in your dvd-rom and choose
video_ts folder it will hang up on you in burning)
4. select source (make sure you select the already
transcoded dvd disc in your dvd-rom choose the
video_ts folder)
5. insert blanc disc in your dvd-burner, click burn
6. in less than 15 minutes I got an perfect backup
of a backup, this makes it worth (indeed this is
faster, depends on your system)

It works to make a copy of a copy now, I like this program, it has proven its value :bigsmile:

P.S.: again thanx for the tip Olli and you all for the info

do u still need to install dvd shrink or dvd dycrypter.
as i have wasted 2 dvd-r.

where am i going wrong.

please help

thank you

Originally posted by montoyauk

do u still need to install dvd shrink or dvd dycrypter.

It’s up to you whether you install those or not, but you DO NOT need to use them along with CloneDVD.

It’s hard to guess “where you’re going wrong” without hearing the whole story.

what if i tried using write existing data…
what is that for…?

so which option do i need to stick to

thank you again

Originally posted by montoyauk

what if i tried using write existing data…
what is that for…?

Of course, you can use this option too.

Originally posted by BoSkin

Yes, this can be faster but only in case if the source is :

a) another DVD reader/writer w the once preprocessed-and-to-be-copied-again DVDR media

b) still existing on HD temporary files.

montoyauk, first install anydvd or dvd-regionfree,
secondly take the original dvd (one that is not compressed referred as disc9) and copy this with 2nd button (called clone dvd) us a dvd -or+ rw,
third check on your standalone dvd player if it works ok, fourth put the copy in the dvd-rom player and put a blank dvd -or+ r in your dvd burner and burn this existing data with button 3 (called write existing data).

Make sure when you choose button 3 (write existing data) that you select the dvd-rom player and highlight the video_ts folder, otherwise it’ll hang on you, result perfect backup of a backup worked for me finally :bigsmile: