Making a Perfect Clone of WALL E with 6.4.8.5

vbimport

Using the newest version of AnyDVD 6.4.8.5 and right clicking on the red fox near the time on the task bar choose “Rip to Image”. When done you will have a beautiful 7.30 GB clone ISO. Take IMGBurn 2.4.2.0 and put it in write mode and use the ISO AnyDVD 6.4.8.5 created. The outcome is a nice clone of this flic with all bonus features and nothing missing, skipping etc. Just plain perfect. or use method 2 below.

Start AnyDVD insert WALL E into your burner, Once scanned start IMGBurn 2.4.2.0 and put it in the read mode. Once done you will have a 7.30 GB ISO. Now change IMGBurn to write mode and insert a DL blank. Choose the IMGBurn layer break file or the ISO it does’nt matter. If you choose the ISO IMGBurn will ask you to choose which layer break you would like to use. Click Write, Once done enjoy a fully working clone with all extras and bonus features problem free.

Thank you, SlySoft :D

Depending on the region the DVD is in, you will need to rip the DVD via the AnyDVD Ripper. Right click on the fox > Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk…

Then use ImgBurn to burn the files directly from the hard drive to the DL DVD using the Build mode.

[quote=linx05;2161564]Depending on the region the DVD is in, you will need to rip the DVD via the AnyDVD Ripper. Right click on the fox > Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk…

Then use ImgBurn to burn the files directly from the hard drive to the DL DVD using the Build mode.[/quote]

Your correct, I see your in R4, Im speaking of R1. I should of said that :iagree:

R1 requires the AnyDVD Ripper to rip the contents of the DVD to the hard drive I am afraid.

R1 disc only requires you to rip to Image ( ISO ) with AnyDVD to hard drive then just load the ISO made by AnyDVD into IMGBurn in write mode and choose the best layer break, Or just use the read mode in IMGBurn and it will create a layer break file along with the ISO then use write mode to write the ISO to a DL.

Wall E R1 needs the AnyDVD Ripper to properly rip this DVD. The ‘Rip to Image…’ function is only meant for Blu-ray/HD DVD, [B]not[/B] SD DVDs.

It works perfect, Get a R1 disc and try it yourself. The Blu-Ray boxs are left unchecked. Also like i said if you use read mode with anydvd it has nothing to do with rip to image as it makes a layer break file and iso and you just load the layer break file into imgburn in write mode and write away. Perfect copies both ways. And if its not supposed to work that way it does 100%. Try it and you will see. You don’t have to use the build mode!.

This is why it worked.

[B]Rip video DVD to hard drive:[/B]
This function is available in the event a DVD can not otherwise be processed. It is not normally required. However, some burning products may require this function in order to process the VIDEO_TS file as prepared by AnyDVD. The function, also referred to as the “ripper”, is NOT the primary function of AnyDVD but is provided as a usage aid for BluRay discs and a “worst-case” tool to assist you in processing certain standard DVDs.
[B]
Rip to image:[/B]
This function is available as of version 6462 and allows you to create an ISO image of the disc content. Especially BluRay users prefer working with ISO images and this function was introduced to save a step using other software. For BluRay users, this is an important time-saver allowing an immediate mount of the image to our free Virtual CloneDrive to play the disc from the hard drive with a proper software player. Note that you have the option to keep or remove the protection as the image is created. For non-BD discs, using this option without removing the protection may result in transfering the “bad sector” protection along with the image, which would be undesirable.

[B]So you were wrong as it can be used with non Blu-Ray discs as long as the protection is removed!

[/B]

sigh

Yes the ‘Rip to Image…’ can be used on normal DVDs (in special circumstances), but it was made especially for Blu-ray/HD DVDs.

Wall E has a dodgy copy protection on it which requires the AnyDVD Ripper to properly clean it. Using the ‘Rip to Image…’ feature straight from this DVD is just crazy.

Rip to the hard drive with the AnyDVD Ripper and then burn with ImgBurn straight from the hard drive (without creating an ISO). It is basically the same process except this way you will know you will get a clean rip.

But suit yourself, if you want to be stubborn and go about things another way, ignore my advice.

Let me end with a quote from you:

For non-BD discs, using this option without removing the protection may result in transferring the “bad sector” protection along with the image, which would be undesirable.
Without using the AnyDVD Ripper on these sort of DVDs, the copy protection may still be there in various sorts.

[quote=linx05;2161607]sigh

Yes the ‘Rip to Image…’ can be used on normal DVDs (in special circumstances), but it was made especially for Blu-ray/HD DVDs.

Wall E has a dodgy copy protection on it which requires the AnyDVD Ripper to properly clean it. Using the ‘Rip to Image…’ feature straight from this DVD is just crazy.

Rip to the hard drive with the AnyDVD Ripper and then burn with ImgBurn straight from the hard drive (without creating an ISO). It is basically the same process except this way you will know you will get a clean rip.

But suit yourself, if you want to be stubborn and go about things another way, ignore my advice.

Let me end with a quote from you:
Without using the AnyDVD Ripper on these sort of DVDs, the copy protection may still be there in various sorts.[/quote]

And i said if you have a R1 disc do what i did and its clean, case closed.

The proof is on the forums. Read the logs AnyDVD creates. If you have a R1 version of the DVD and want a clean output (confines to DVD standards) you will need to use the AnyDVD Ripper or CloneDVD2.

You will see many posts explaning the use of the AnyDVD Ripper or CloneDVD2 to create a clean copy.

Read: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

Wall-E R1 requires the use of either tool to get a clean copy. I’m sorry but the facts are there.

[quote=linx05;2161619]The proof is on the forums. Read the logs AnyDVD creates. If you have a R1 version of the DVD and want a clean output (confines to DVD standards) you will need to use the AnyDVD Ripper or CloneDVD2.

You will see many posts explaning the use of the AnyDVD Ripper or CloneDVD2 to create a clean copy.

Read: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=3992

Wall-E R1 requires the use of either tool to get a clean copy. I’m sorry but the facts are there.[/quote]

Here is proof in plain site, Do you see something wrong here, I don’t need to read my eye’s see well look and look good. Don’t beleive everything you read!. And my facts are shown!

[QUOTE=mjmagicjack;2161642]Here is proof in plain site, Do you see something wrong here, I don’t need to read my eye’s see well look and look good. Don’t beleive everything you read!. And my facts are shown![/QUOTE]That is not a clone. There is no protection on it :wink:

Your right Bob in that respect. It’s a protection less clone. However i do have it cloned with the protection on it also :bigsmile:, BTW AnyDVD 6.4.8.6 Beta is out but not posted here yet last time i looked.

[QUOTE=mjmagicjack;2161812]BTW AnyDVD 6.4.8.6 Beta is out but not posted here yet last time i looked.[/QUOTE]yeah i was just joking. This update from what i can see has nothing to do with reg DVD’s.

Actually your correct and i don’t bother with BR yet. It will only help the BR ppl. But i loaded it anyway as the regular DVD part is the same. These regular DVD’s will be around for some time yet. Im not one for 1-2 Generation hardware anyway. It reminds me of the mid 90’s when i had to pay $3000.00 for a Yamaha CDR-100 CD burner SCSI. Then a year or year and a half later they dropped to $750.00. Off topic the only great CD burner is the Plextor Premium 2. I only have one but if i burned 20 cd’s on it that was alot otherwise in my opinion there was never again a cd burner as good as them. Today they get a mint for those drives used. Heck its almost 2009 and i just opened another retail 760A plextor up yesterday. I had 3 running now i opened another box yesterday and have 4 now running and the 5th in the closet. Have 3 716A’s and prefer them over 760A. Only have one 755UF. Dunno why. But out of everything Pioneer is my main drives. I like to swap drives when im burning to give each a chance but it gets hard. I think my BenQ 1655 has’nt seen any voltage in a year at least. It’s just a hobby but when Blu-ray can burn at a decent speed and media is at a price where its worth it and drives are out all over the place then thats when i’ll think about it. Until then all regular DVD’s get upconverted to 1080P to the HDTV and its 78-85% close and that good enough for me. I did’nt even bother buying a BR standalone yet either becauee there only going to get better also. I think.

off topic:

yeah i haven’t gone BR yet. I do have a Toshiba A3 HD-DVD player though. Got it for free from a Sears mess up last years black friday.

[quote=Bob;2161887]off topic:

yeah i haven’t gone BR yet. I do have a Toshiba A3 HD-DVD player though. Got it for free from a Sears mess up last years black friday.[/quote]

Well free i’d be at the door also. Truth is i don’t even have a BR or a HD disc even never mind a player. It’s not the money it’s i want to see Blu-Ray mature more and let other ppl spend there money and make comments about there BR burners and then i’ll take the dive. I mean i made some purchases of regular DVD drives by just reading what members had to say and after i see like 90% of the members talking high on a product i’ll usually go that route also. So thats what im waiting for with BR at at min a 3rd generation. And the blanks are not at a price that i would want it at the moment plus i almost no nothing about BR burners. I have no clue if you can clone with them or not as the interest in BR at this time is not that high. For example when i go to blockbuster ( At least by me ) There is lets say 50,000 regular DVD’s and 500 Blu-Ray for rent. I notice 30% of the Blu-Rays are just remakes of regular DVD’s. Like computers they come out with new things. They have too because its all in the name of the mighty $.

Tryin to decipher what you fellers are talkin about.

Is there away to have a cloned movie with the protections still on it? and why would one want to do that?

Also for those recommending using AnyDVD to rip to harddrive and then use ImgBurn, wouldn’t that cause you to lose the original layerbreak.

Wouldn’t the best way to use AnyDVD to decrypt on the fly, then use ImgBurn in read and then write.

Also, what options in the settings does everyone leave checked/unchecked?

Try the new beta release of AnyDVD for The Dark Knight and possibly Wall-E

Just letting you know early that Slysoft have released a new beta version of AnyDVD to enable backing up The Dark Knight on DVD which uses new copy protection systems – here’s more info

Please try this version. I don’t expect any problems:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6487.exe

6.4.8.7 2008 11 27

• New (DVD): Added support for new protections
  • Change (Blu-ray): AnyDVD will disable itself, if BD+ can’t be removed
  • Fix (Blu-ray & HD-DVD): Bug reading unencrypted files from encrypted
    BD / HD DVD discs
  • Some minor fixes and improvements
  • Updated languages