Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Power Supply
4gb kingston DDR3 memory rams

[QUOTE=rolandc5;2475261]im about to make a computer are these specs good
AMD phenom II 965 black
XFX 9800gt
MSI NF750-G55 nForce 750a AMD AM3 Motherboard
Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Power Supply
4gb kingston DDR3 memory rams[/QUOTE]

I would change your GPU to a GTX260 or above for performance and newer GPU technology. What kinda monitor are you getting? I would say go for at least at 20 widescreen. And if you can go for win7x64 ult oem as well but when you do that make sure you download ahead of time all the drivers for the x64 O/S. Beyond that what kinda HDD are you using? HDD should be at least WD 500G but not under 320G. Is your cpu socket am2 or am3 ?

I would go for an AMD 790GX mobo instead of the NForce northbridge chipset
here is the changes I would make

The CPU is ok if you can keep it cool but you will need
an aftermarket cooler to cool that beast. :eek:

Motherboard:

MSI 790GX-G65 AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130224

Video card: any one of them will do just fine

Budget
XFX HD-575X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150448

Good
XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150447

Better
XFX HD-585A-ZNBC Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB Black Edition 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150454

Best or should I say [B]The Beast[/B]
XFX HD-597A-CNF9 Radeon HD 5970 (Hemlock) 2GB 512 (256 x 2)-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Dual GPU Onboard CrossFire Video Card w/ Eyefinity
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150453

Roland this is a good combo deal: Link AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition with ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard and G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 $339

Good PSU deal: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W $70 AR FS.

Get a AMD video card so that you can get another one later on and run them in crossfire: XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770. Get a 5850 if you plan to play a lot of games at high resolution.

If you get a new HDD go with the Samsung Spinpoint F3 drives, they have 500GB and 1TB versions.

If your budget does not allow for the AMD 5770 or 5850 video cards, than it would be a good choice to find either an older 4850 or 4870 card. Either of those would be better than anything Nvidia GT(S)(X)(whatever).

Hurry, those 48XX cards are getting very hard to find, supplies are limited and they were very good cards.

[QUOTE=brokenbuga;2475519]If your budget does not allow for the AMD 5770 or 5850 video cards, than it would be a good choice to find either an older 4850 or 4870 card. Either of those would be better than anything Nvidia GT(S)(X)(whatever).

Hurry, those 48XX cards are getting very hard to find, supplies are limited and they were very good cards.[/QUOTE]

That is subjective and not based on real test evidence. If so it would be good to have something to backup claims. Also the OP can decide whatever GPU they decide to get.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2475612]That is subjective and not based on real test evidence. If so it would be good to have something to backup claims. Also the OP can decide whatever GPU they decide to get.[/QUOTE]

You are clearly a Nvidia fanboi. Personally, I have no problem with that, but your bias does not allow you to see clearly. Anyone who is objective however, is very much aware that RV770 series was clearly the superior solution this last generation, Nvidia even acknowledged it at their very own GPU conference two months ago.

If you need anymore “proof” than Nvidia admitting their product was inferior, than you can peruse any reputable tech site, their benchmarks will substantiate my “claims”, which are not so much claims, rather common knowledge.

As for your statement that the OP can decide whatever GPU to get, why didn’t you follow your own advice when you initially responded in post #2?

so getting the 9800gt is bad im also using a monitor with only 1440x900.
and im planning not to go above $600 because this is all i have for money.
i would also like to go to ATI but would i really need that DX11 i dont think anygame is out with DX11

But i changed my mind about about some things
CPU same
GPU XFX ATI HD 5770
MOBO MSI 790GX-G65 AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD
PSU CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W
sticking with the kingston 4gb DDR3 rams because all my rams are kingston and i rely on their rams

but one more question where do i buy a suitable heatsink for CPU and a less expensive good case

one more will the HD 5770 max out modern warfare 2 because i have an old PC which is still good can
max modern warfare 2 but it lags since the video card is 9400gt

[QUOTE=brokenbuga;2475659]Careful chuckles, I’m not really in the mood to teach you another lesson.

You are clearly a Nvidia fanboi. Personally, I have no problem with that, but your bias does not allow you to see clearly. Anyone who is objective however, is very much aware that RV770 series was clearly the superior solution this last generation, Nvidia even acknowledged it at their very own GPU conference two months ago.

If you need anymore “proof” than Nvidia admitting their product was inferior, than you can peruse any reputable tech site, their benchmarks will substantiate my “claims”, which are not so much claims, rather common knowledge.

As for your statement that the OP can decide whatever GPU to get, why didn’t you follow your own advice when you initially responded in post #2?[/QUOTE]

Excuse me where did I say I was a fan boi …??? Also that was his advice for the OP to choose from. Maybe you should also follow your own advice as we give choice for the OP to choose from not pigeon hole them. Comparing same equipments is how one tells what works trying to compare oranges to apple doesn’t do any service…

Okay people be nice :cop: Reviews are definitely the only way to choose the best video card. MB crossfire/SLI configuration is also an important deciding factor.

rolandc5 are you in the US?

Your monitor is rather on the low rez end of the spectrum. If your going with a AMD crossfire MB, you should definitely get an AMD video card. This is a good deal for a 4770: XFX HD-477A-YDFC Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 $115 shipped with a free game. Their used to be great deals on 4870’s but the prices are jacked up right now :frowning:

If you don’t plan on overclocking much then the stock cooler is fine to start with. Although you might want to clean off the old thermal paste and put some Arctic Silver 5 or another high quality paste.

Also Roland, you should pick a 790X or 790FX not a 790GX (onboard video).

edit: Cooler master makes good inexpensive cases: Link

If you want to be environmentally friendly and/or want to save money on electricity, the HD5 series has better performance/watt than the HD4 or the current Nvidia products.
Although I agree with your choice of brand when it comes to PSUs (Corsair PSUs are made by Seasonic or Channel well, depending on model - both excellent), if you go with the recommended components (and don’t expect any major upgrades in the future, especially a second graphics card), a 650W PSU is more than you need, and both purchase price and power consumption should be less if you get a less powerful one (as long as you still go for a quality model!). A few examples of how much power PCs can require can be found here.
I agree that the 790X or 790FX would be a better choice. Although the prices and power consumption are similar between them and their siblings with integrated graphics, it seems a bit silly to waste all that backplane space on connectors that will never be used :slight_smile:

I’m running a Biostar 790GX mobo and I’m very glad to have the on board video as a back up
as my video card gave up the ghost a while back and I would have had the on board video to
hold me until I could replace my regular video card.

Now without having the on board video I would have been down several days/weeks or longer if I
had to wait on getting the card fixed/replaced under the warranty or a day or so until I could get
a new replacement card shipped in but luckily I’m not like most folks as I do computer repairs and
keep several new video cards and other parts on hand. Yeah you guys are definitely right it does
waste some backplane space but it is so very,very,very, nice to have for one of those unfortunate
[B](What If Scenario’s)[/B] like I experienced. :eek:

[QUOTE=eric93se;2475697]Okay people be nice :cop: Reviews are definitely the only way to choose the best video card. MB crossfire/SLI configuration is also an important deciding factor.

rolandc5 are you in the US?

Your monitor is rather on the low rez end of the spectrum. If your going with a AMD crossfire MB, you should definitely get an AMD video card. This is a good deal for a 4770: XFX HD-477A-YDFC Radeon HD 4770 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 $115 shipped with a free game. Their used to be great deals on 4870’s but the prices are jacked up right now :frowning:

If you don’t plan on overclocking much then the stock cooler is fine to start with. Although you might want to clean off the old thermal paste and put some Arctic Silver 5 or another high quality paste.

Also Roland, you should pick a 790X or 790FX not a 790GX (onboard video).

edit: Cooler master makes good inexpensive cases: Link[/QUOTE]

Yea i live in the US so its kinda hard to find a store with cheap stuff because i buy my stuff in frys electronics. and my monitor does not seem to small since its an LCD not those big fat bulgy monitors in the old days so y do i need windows 7 64 bit. because i already have 32 bit edition

[QUOTE=rolandc5;2476061]so y do i need windows 7 64 bit. because i already have 32 bit edition[/QUOTE]

Well Windows 32 bit will only see and let you use something like 3GB - 3.25GB of RAM.
Where as 64bit will see and let you use up to something like 128GB of RAM or what ever
your mobo maxes out at most likely 16GB now days but in a few years I wouldn’t be the
least bit surprised to see mobo’s supporting 128GB of RAM like they do 16GB now.

So i have to buy a 64 bit OS, man all my OS are 32 bit editions.

If you already own a 32bit OS, then there is no immediate need to buy a 64bit version. The difference between the ~3.5GB and 4GB is probably not noticeable.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2476385]If you already own a 32bit OS, then there is no immediate need to buy a 64bit version. The difference between the ~3.5GB and 4GB is probably not noticeable.[/QUOTE]

Yep eric93se is correct you do not have to go and buy 64bit but if you are ever going to
go with 6-8GB or more of RAM then you will need 64bit. The real advantages of having a
64bit OS is the ability to use a lot more RAM, 64bit programs like Photo Shop CS4 seem to
run quite a bit faster than the 32bit version does and any other 64bit program will always
run faster mainly because of having the use of more RAM. :iagree:

so i wont need a 64 bit OS, thanks because i will only buy 4 gigs of ram

[QUOTE=getit29;2476413]Yep eric93se is correct you do not have to go and buy 64bit but if you are ever going to
go with 4-8GB or more of RAM then you will need 64bit. The real advantages of having a
64bit OS is the ability to use a lot more RAM, 64bit programs like Photo Shop CS4 seem to
run quite a bit faster than the 32bit version does and any other 64bit program will always
run faster mainly because of having the use of more RAM. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

fixed :wink:

Ok thanks guys and guyets im off to buy and build a new computer…