Making a HD video fit on a DVD for PS3 Playback

Hiya,

I’m trying to find a way of converting an MKV to a format which is compatable with a PS3 but will fit onto a DVD for transportation.

I tried tsmuxer to a avchd file however it make the file grow to a point where it woud no longer fit on a DVD.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Cheers

If you just want to playback video’s on your ps3 and have a great network setup you can simply use your pc as a media server for it. You can simply stream your entire music,movie, and photo archives to the ps3.

I use the free program PS3 media server (works with 360 too). as for converting mkv to a format thats smaller… i had an x264 converter but lost it when one of my externals died and i haven’t found the program yet.

[QUOTE=Aeropars;2292708]Hiya,

I’m trying to find a way of converting an MKV to a format which is compatable with a PS3 but will fit onto a DVD for transportation.

I tried tsmuxer to a avchd file however it make the file grow to a point where it woud no longer fit on a DVD.

Can anyone offer some advice?

Cheers[/QUOTE]
Ripbot264 will convert to BD5 or BD9.

But PS3media server is generally more convenient … but you need a PC on at the same time to do the re-encoding - any recent core 2 duo can convert 1080p content in realtime and serve it to the PS3.

For most 720p resolution content, you can just use tsmuxer to repackage as an MP4 or M2TS without re-enconding.