Making a dvd+rw Backup to play in a Home Dvd player?

Is there a way to play a Dvd+Rw backup disc in a Home Dvd player ? I was told it has to be Svcd or VCD for a Dvd+rw backup disc to work in home Dvd player ? I dont know if there is software ? or what programs to use ? I have Nero and it has VcD
Options ? What i was trying to do was record from the Vcr old tv shows and put them on a Dvd+RW disc and play it on my Home
Dvd player that supports VCD and dvd ??? thanks and anyone has some help i would like to hear !

Yes it is all possible but your going to need a lot of hardware, lot of software, a fast PC with a big HD and a lot of patience to do it.

You need a capture card to capture the VHS tapes to AVI or MPEG. Then convert these to a DVD MPEG2 format, author them and finally burn onto a DVDR with a DVD Burner.

Originally posted by Mrpeppers
Is there a way to play a Dvd+Rw backup disc in a Home Dvd player ?
YEs, a lot of player play DVD+RW discs, even mor play R. look for your player at vcdhelp.com:s player list adn you will find if your does.

I was told it has to be Svcd or VCD for a Dvd+rw backup disc to work in home Dvd player ?
wrong. If you burn on a DVDR (or RW + or - dont matter) it has to be DVD comliant.
thats MPEG2 720x576/408 or 352x576/408. Burn (S)VCD on regular CDs. Now thats not exactly right either. you can bur (S)VCD on DVDR also but less players like them, and they have to be authored with a DVD authoring prog, not (S)VCD are regular and to do that you might have to patch the video stream to fool the authoring tool its a legit DVDstream

I dont know if there is software ? or what programs to use ? I have Nero and it has VcD Options ?

you can try DVDMaestro to author and then burn as usual with Nero or burn with DVDdecrypter. Dont use VCD option if burning to DVD only to CD

What i was trying to do was record from the Vcr old tv shows and put them on a Dvd+RW disc and play it on my Home
Dvd player that supports VCD and dvd ???
You need HW to capture the VCR . i dont know how quality gets.
For the encoding and authoring bit you can take a look at my site agzz.team286.org i hope it will help

thanks and anyone has some help i would like to hear !
I hope i did help. :slight_smile: