MakeMKV FLAC conversion set up?

vbimport

I’m wondering if someone can tell me how to set up the FLAC converter in MakeMKV. So far, I’m going into the Preferences and enabling it so I can select it, but do I need to have other programs installed for it to work correctly?

MakeMKV comes with two versions of ffmpeg. Look in the MakeMKV folder and you’ll see them as mmffmpeg.exe and mmffmpeg64.exe. Use the appropriate one for your version of Windows.

You’ll also need a DTS decoder from Arcsoft TMT 5 or PowerDVD. The one I used from TMT 5 is named dtsdecoderdll.dll. There is a trial available for TMT5 that you can download.

You’ll need to open the Advanced tab in Preferences to apply these of course.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2674319]MakeMKV comes with two versions of ffmpeg. Look in the MakeMKV folder and you’ll see them as mmffmpeg.exe and mmffmpeg64.exe. Use the appropriate one for your version of Windows.

You’ll also need a DTS decoder from Arcsoft TMT 5 or PowerDVD. The one I used from TMT 5 is named dtsdecoderdll.dll. There is a trial available for TMT5 that you can download.

You’ll need to open the Advanced tab in Preferences to apply these of course.[/QUOTE]

Do I need both mmffmpeg64.exe AND dtsdecoderdll.dll? I’m only planning on converting the LPCM 5.1 tracks.

Don’t know the answer to that, as I’ve only tried it with both. And I was working with DTS audio.

You can try it and find out if the LPCM only needs ffmpeg.