Make Sample Of Ripped SVCD-Movie

Hi there:

This is my first post in this forum. I have been doing some ripping myself the past 2 years, but now i am dying to learn more about it. You see i have two problem, and it goes like this:

[01]

I have fully ripped a DVD-movie and now i want to make
a sample so people can see and listen to the quality of this
movie. What tools do i need and what files are to be used.

REMEMBER:

My DVD-rip is already done. I use DVD2SVCD

[02]

I also trouble with ripping the whole DVD if this movie has a bonus disc with lots of good stuff. It just rips out a little part of it and NOT the whole DVD. When i rip the movie itself i dont have any problems. It seems like i am missing some chapters i think.

Can it be that i dont get to rip all PROGRAM CHAINS?

I hope someone in here can help me with this.

Regards From Polar75

why would u need a sample for others to view?

To show off to Mom and Dad.

You can use the samples to check the quality and bit rate.

Originally posted by cloakdoa
[B]To show off to Mom and Dad.

You can use the samples to check the quality and bit rate. [/B]

Thanx for the replies:

I have tried the search engine, but as far as i can see
it did not help me. I just need a program to cut out about 15-20mb of a movie wich is already in mpeg-format. :slight_smile:

Cant be that hard, can it?

Regards From Polar75

Originally posted by polar75
[B]Thanx for the replies:

I have tried the search engine, but as far as i can see
it did not help me. I just need a program to cut out about 15-20mb of a movie wich is already in mpeg-format. :slight_smile:

Cant be that hard, can it?

Regards From Polar75 [/B]

TMPGenc, just use the MPEG Tools option and choose merge & cut … simple.

Originally posted by BeLGaRaTh
TMPGenc, just use the MPEG Tools option and choose merge & cut … simple.

Thanx for the last post:) .

I almost made it, but the only problem is:

I cant get any sound of the sample i have made.
How to get that? Do i need 2 cut the sound file too?

All help is appriciated :slight_smile:

Regards From Polar

Strange, the audio should be copied over too …

When its processing it should say something along the lines of

Producing video stream …
Producing audio stream …
Multiplexing
Re-Writing header

Did you get that?

Originally posted by BeLGaRaTh
[B]Strange, the audio should be copied over too …

When its processing it should say something along the lines of

Did you get that? [/B]

Yes, but you see:

When entering MPEGtools i have the following options:

[01] Simple Multiplex
[02] Simple de-multiplex
[03] Multiplex
[04] De-multiplex
[05] Merge&cut

Wich option shoud i choose here?

When entering merge&cut as you said i choose “add” and then pick the “mpeg2” files that i wish to cut?. I higlight that file and choose “edit”. I can now see the movie in a small window. Pressing “play” button makes the movie roll. Then i choose start of file and then when choosing end of file the whole program shuts off!. hm…should it do that?

Regards From Polar.

You are almost there.

When you have loaded the mpg file, and have the window with the movie in it, move the little scroll bar underneath it to where you want the sample to start from and press the { button to the right of the scroll bar (underneath the play and pause buttons). When you do that you wil notice that a little marker is placed underneath the bar and the Range (time index) at the top will show the current time/position. Move the cursor over a little more (I tend to use 1 minute or so, but you can choose what you want), and press the } button. You will see the bar turn dark between the time frames you selected. The press OK to get back to the main section. Choose the output path, and then click run.

Apologies for this not being clear, but I have been the pub all day and am slightly inebriated at the moment … hic … see :slight_smile:

If you need any more help, give us shout and Ill see what I can do, I should be more sober by then :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=BeLGaRaTh;506655]Apologies for this not being clear, but I have been the pub all day and am slightly inebriated at the moment … hic … see :slight_smile:
[/QUOTE]

Damn you’re so lucky i would love to hang out like that all day but the place im staying at has no civilization. Like there are people but they are always sitting at home and most of them are either 30 - 60 years older
or little kids (i’m 20)

And my friends that I hang out with live 6-7 miles away!!!
I wish i was was there. My friend is studying in UK and hes having a Blast!!! :frowning:
Oh well enjoy and thanx for everyone’s help on this topic it helped me as well