Make perfect disc copy?

Greetings,

I have some cds (made myself) with backups of my work… lately they’ve been degrading in quality, so I want to rip them, and reburn them.

Question is, which software will do it’s very best to make 100.1% copies of those discs? CloneCD? Alcoholer 120%? Anything else?

Thanks.

Since you’ve made the cds yourself, they’re not protected and you can just use the cd-copy function of any general mastering program (e.g. nero).

However, if the originals are degrading, you may want to try using CloneCD with the Damaged Data profile that you can download from the profiles sticky on the CloneCD forum.

yes, discs are a bit damaged… C2’s at end of disc… though Nero’s ScanDisk shows that all files still are readable… anyway I don’t want to risk copying with nero and such…

I guess I’ll try CloneCD then.

C2 errors are also likely results of poor/cheap media.
What dye does the blank media you have use?

It’s some maxell disc… it was fine when just burned, but it’s pretty old, so that may be the reason…

Can you scan it to see what Dye is used. Google CDRIdentifier or use Nero info tool.

If you have a Litey, and if you have any extra’s you can fill em up with any old files and make a complete burn and scan with KProbe to see how well these perform just as well.

Originally posted by QQuxa

Question is, which software will do it’s very best to make 100.1% copies of those discs?
The answer is rather simple - Plextor & PlexTools.

Well if 100% instead of 100.1% is fine use a LiteOn burner and Nero.
Just select data verification and it will check each byte to make sure they match. If the disc is still readable and not horribly damaged any copy software that can verify the burn will be fine.