Make MP3 music files into regular audio CD (WAV file?)

vbimport

Hello,

I was hoping to get help or an explanation if this is even possible:

I like to buy vinyl albums, and nowadays many of the new releases come with a downloadable digital copy of the album in high quality 320 kbps MP3 format. Though I have an iPod where these files are easy to move to to, the problem is I have no MP3 player in my car-- just a regular CD player, so I would like to convert these to regular CD audio to burn on a CDR. Does anyone know if this is even possible. If so how?

Thanks,
–Hans M.

Very easily possible. Every modern burning software like Nero, for example, does this automatically if you choose the audio cd profile, and just drag the mp3 files over. They are converted to the uncompressed .wav format automatically.

[QUOTE=packetloss;2137499]Very easily possible. Every modern burning software like Nero, for example, does this automatically if you choose the audio cd profile, and just drag the mp3 files over.[/QUOTE]

Great! Can you recommend a program, preferably a free one? And what audio cd profile should I choose?

Thanks again!

Nero only has one Audio CD profile, can’t really go wrong there. Nero is not free, but usually bundled with drives.

A good and newbie friendly free program is CDBurnerXP, for example.

http://cdburnerxp.se/?lang=en

It automatically converts the mp3 files also, check out the help / faq area for details:

http://cdburnerxp.se/help//Audio/compileaudio

[QUOTE=packetloss;2137503]
A good and newbie friendly free program is CDBurnerXP, for example.

http://cdburnerxp.se/?lang=en

It automatically converts the mp3 files also, check out the help / faq area for details:

http://cdburnerxp.se/help//Audio/compileaudio[/QUOTE]

I’ll give it a shot and report back on how it works out. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

It should be pretty straightforward, don’t think you’ll have any problems, as long as those mp3 files are not DRM protected at least, since CDBurnerXP does not support converting DRM protected audio files.

A very easy and free program to use for burning Audio CDs from e.g. mp3 files is Burrrn (alternative download link).

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=packetloss;2137513]Good luck!

It should be pretty straightforward, don’t think you’ll have any problems, as long as those mp3 files are not DRM protected at least, since CDBurnerXP does not support converting DRM protected audio files.[/QUOTE]

I started the process and checked out the help link. The only thing I am confused/unclear about is the choices between gapless disc (“Disc at Once”) vs. pause between each track (“Track at Once”). Does gapless means it will create the album as a single track? For instance, I have an album of 14 tracks I want to convert, will these apear as only 1 48 min. track on the CD I create?

What I do not like about the pause idea (and correct me if I am wrong in my assumption) is that is might cut the music if a track sort of fades and mixes into another track on the album. I’d hate to create silence on an album where there should not be any. On the other hand, if creating a gapless disc means I’ll have to forgo the convenience of being able to skip tracks, that would suck too.

So please let me know if my assumptions are right. Then, if I go to advanced settings, can I create the ideal CD I am looking for: an album with out forced gaps that you still have parsed into tracks. And one burn options I should select to create this kind of CD. Should I check “Cache FIles locally,” “Simulate bruning process,” “Use buffer protection” (it is checked off as default in “burn options”) and/or “FInalize Disc” (also has a default check).

Sorry, do let me know.

Thanks!

Gapless is the preferred option and the only option if one track should continue into the next track without an audible pause of two seconds. All your tracks will still be separate when using gapless.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2137616]Gapless is the preferred option and the only option if one track should continue into the next track without an audible pause of two seconds. All your tracks will still be separate when using gapless.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Will proceed.

Also, thanks for providing an alternative program to try out. I’ll bookmark, if I need to give it a shot.

As DrageMester said, gapless (Disc at Once) should always prefered in audio CD recording.
And yes, check “cache files locally” and “use buffer underrun protection” and “finalize disc”, but don’t check “simulate burning process” because if you do that, the data will not actually be burned to the disc, but the burn will just be simulated.

[QUOTE=packetloss;2137513]Good luck!

It should be pretty straightforward, don’t think you’ll have any problems, as long as those mp3 files are not DRM protected at least, since CDBurnerXP does not support converting DRM protected audio files.[/QUOTE]

It worked great! Thanks. Now I can hear these albums whenever and on whatever I want (though I always prefer the warm sound of the vinyl. It’s just the least convenient of the formats).

Thanks to all and the warm welcomes!

Glad it worked, enjoy the music. :slight_smile:

Hi! I recently started with a fresh computer. I was using CDBurnerXP to convert MP3s to regualr music CDs. It worked pretty good, but that was a while ago. Is there a newer, better free program that surpasses its quality out now?

[QUOTE=slowcloud;2434865]Hi! I recently started with a fresh computer. I was using CDBurnerXP to convert MP3s to regualr music CDs. It worked pretty good, but that was a while ago. Is there a newer, better free program that surpasses its quality out now?[/QUOTE]

Actually no, just use it, it still works great…There are other alternatives (that work just as good,IMO)…But, if it ain’t broke…And FYI, it technically doesn’t convert, but rather [I]decodes[/I] the mp3(s) to 16/44.1khz wav and burns the wav(s) “to regualr music CDs”

All right, cool. Will downlaod again. I was quite happy with it.