Make Backup Copy of Honda Navi DVD 4.92

vbimport

New to this forum. Would like to backup my new Honda Navi upgrade. I believe teh order referenced “white” version and the DVD I received shows “BM515AO Ver 4.92”. I’ve seen lots posts about various DVD, burning software and burner types and confused about best choice. Only DVD dual burner I have is what comes in a MacBook Pro. Can I make a copy with this hardware and if so, what software and settings do I need and what DVD brand-type should I get? Thanks.

If I have to buy a new burner, what brand model should I get? (my Windows machine has no DVD burner so buying one is an option (although not preferred).

Have you tried making a copy with Disk Utility?

[QUOTE=Whappo;2564027]Have you tried making a copy with Disk Utility?[/QUOTE]
Haven’t tried anything. Based on all the problems reported here I wanted to avoid creating numerous ‘coasters’. Have you had success using disk utility in the scenario I described? Thanks.

I’m not a Mac user and I don’t have any navigation disks. I was only suggesting that you try the program you have. If you have an RW disk you can experiment. Do you have/use Toast?

[QUOTE=Whappo;2564035]I’m not a Mac user and I don’t have any navigation disks. I was only suggesting that you try the program you have. If you have an RW disk you can experiment. Do you have/use Toast?[/QUOTE]

No, I don’t have Toast. Not a Mac user either but we have a MacBook pro in the family and it’s the only Double-layer DVD burner we have.

From what I understand it used to be possible to backup these Honda discs but they’ve changed the protection and no one has managed to get around it yet.

As far as I’m aware it’s not possible to reproduce the protection with a normal DVD writer.

[B]Wombler[/B]