Make a backup of your CD/DVD navigation disc

vbimport

Hello constantin & orios,

Try to get UltraISO program (http://www.ezbsystems.com/ultraiso/index.html) and make an ISO of your original navigation disk.

Then use ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/) and write the ISO to a Dual-Layer Verbatim Disk (very important you use a Verbatim brand Disk)

I have to put some particular configuration?

Thanks

In ultraiso I have to put ignore error during the read? and I have to ability the iso filter?
Thanks a lot

Has any 1 sucessfully backed up a 2006/2007 Honda CR-V sat nav DVD?
If so, pls could you message me or email at [I]edit[/I]
Having great difficulties, even after reading the all messages in the forum.
Cheers!

chris101 read the first post of the thread and do me a favour provide the info which is mentioned there. Next time I’ll delete those kind of messages as this doesn’t help you and any other member solving your problem.

p.s. I deleted your email address to avoid spam in your inbox and we all would like to know the result :wink:

I used the newest version of Clone CD with AnyDVD.
Used HP dual layer DVDs and burnt in LG DVD writer.
Burnt it at 1X.
Says burnt successfully, but did not read in my DVD Navigation
Drive. Wasted 3 blank DVDs.
This newest DVD Navigation is from Mercedes-Navtech.
There are some folks who have copied successfully and are selling it
but will not say how obviously.
Thanks

hi all, you are a wise group of men. i’ve got the torrent iso image for 05064033AE . i have an 04 pacifica, nav is in the dash, not radio
I used torrent to get the image (took a while).

1st. it’s about 7.5 gig is that right?
2 it comes as an iso. can i burn it directly using ultraiso as describe above?
3 if the cd is bad will this procedure fry my NAV or just reject the cd
4 i know this is a one way process and understand power glitches during the install can fry the unit. are there any other pitfalls?

thanks to all who have been there and survived. i need AE cause I’m running AA

if this has been covered (and yes i’ve read quite a bit) could someone be kind enough to just email me or PM me wcz@comcast.net

Hello!

I cant seem to find a way to change to Booktype DVD-ROM but it looks like ImgBurn sets this by default.

I have a -Volvo rti DVD scandinavia and uk 635 nrg file- and when I try to burn it on a Traxdata DVD + R DL it seems to create it ok, but it wont run in my Volvo V70 D5 2002 with RTI and DVD. It says something like “cant read the disk…and so on”

When i load the disk in ImgBurn I get the following summary. Can anyone see something wrong?

HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4080N 0H35 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 3Â 520Â 384
Size: 7Â 209Â 746Â 432 bytes
Time: 782:20:34 (MM:SS:FF)
Supported Write Speeds: 2,4x

DVD±R DL Boundary Information:
L0 Data Zone Capacity: 1Â 760Â 192
Changeable: No

Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Disc ID: RITEK-D01-01
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Number of Layers: 2
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196Â 608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16Â 580Â 607
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 1Â 956Â 799

Layer Information:
Layer 0 Sectors: 1Â 760Â 192 (50%)
Layer 1 Sectors: 1Â 760Â 192 (50%)

Which settings did you use creating the image?

I have to admit that I found it on emule. I originally bought the 2002 european maps and it cost me 550$ so I wasnt to keen to buy new disks this time. It was 3 rar files that resulted in one nrg file so I`m not sure of the settings.

Hi leser,

can you please give an explanation or a link for Blaupunkt DX?

Using AnyDVD you should be able to clone the VW MFD DVD navigation DVD. Slysoft added support for Settec Alpha protection. Would you please try give it a try? Please tell us your result, ok?

hi. does anyone know how to make a working backup for mercedes aps 50? it is installed on a mb e-klasse. thanks

Anyone with a copy or link to RTi for Portugal, please help…

I have a new DVD Volvo RTI 2006/10 and i suggested to make a copy for me. The scan says “oversize, dummy files”. My car is a Volvo V70 from 2004.

I made all i 've read hear on different DVD media (verbatim, sony, intenso, phillips +/-R DL), change booktype, made different iso and backup images with different programms (ultraiso, imgburn, decrypter, nero…)
Nothing is running and can be read with the rti dvd player. :sad:

Can anyone tell me how it works?

1 year ago i made a copy (rti 2005 original) for a Volvo XC90 with nero6, it runs and works fine.

i have a plextor 716, newest firmware…

Hi all… I am having the same problem with my 07 Suburban. I tried to make a backup copy of the original disc, part # 15934919 because the one that the dealer provided to me has all types of scratches on it and fails often, usually when I need it most!!!

Now bigger problem… the disc is stuck and its sayng map disc error and will not eject the disc and goes through the screens and wont stay on one.

Can anyone help me on how to get it out??? Also, would anyone be willing to burn one for me and I can cover your cost of the disc, postage and time??? I have paypal and would be much appreciative if you could help me out.

Thanks.

Hi,
Is there anyone who successfully backed up there ACURA NAVI 2.40 DVD? Let me know. Thanks

Were you successful in backing up NAVI 2.40?

Hello all,

I’m trying to copy the last software map to the Alpine Nve-N099P unit.

The reference of the Map is NVD-Z003 Euro Multi Map’06 Database ver.6.00.

Can anyone help me out on this issue?

Hi Guys,
Sorry I havent been back on here in a while… Someone asked me how I made the copy of the Mazda DVD. Heres How, specifically, not just the abbreviated cryptic versions I posted previously… Hopes that moderators dont edit my post :

I used a DataWrite Titanium DVD+R DL disk and made 3 working copies.

I used Nero 6.6.0.13 although I’m confident that the version is not important. I also know of people having success with DVDDectypter.

There are two important factors in writing this image to a disk.

1. Write the DVD with a modified BookType. The ability to do this seems to be specific to some DVD Writers. Some Nu Tech, Plextor, RICOH, BenQ, LG, LiteON and NEC devices are known the have the ability to change the book-type of the disk being written. My Device is a Samsung TSSTCorp TS-H552U with US07 Firmware. The BookType needs to be DVD-ROM. This fools teh car into thinking that the disk is a DVD-ROM instead of the DVD-R that it is.

2. Write the disk in Disk-At-Once (DAO) mode. Other methods were unreadable in my car.

Hope this is helpful.

nid