Make a backup of your CD/DVD navigation disc

vbimport

I am going to just use a dual layer and see if it works, will update for all the other guys who cannot get it to work.

finally got it to work.
source: BMW Professional (CCC) Navigation DVD 2009.1
writer: Samsung SH-S203N SATA
media: Sony 8.5gb dvd+r dl ver.1.21/2.4x-8x
program: imageburn
booktype: set to dvd-rom
writespeed: 6x

I hope this helps other bimmer owners as it took me many days and a few drives and medias to finally get a working backup.

Has anyone managed to succesfully backup a Mitsubishi navigation DVD (D/L)
it is using Navteq discs and even though the unit has Mitubishi wrote all over it i think it is a VDO system like a single cd player sitting under the glove box
and has an infrared eye near the screen to receive signals from the remote

many thanks

My burned and original disk differs, details bellow.

[B]Original:[/B]
Physical Format Information (Last Recorded):
Book Type: DVD-ROM
Part Version: 1
Disc Size: 120mm
Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps
Number of Layers: 2
Track Path: Parallel Track Path (PTP)
Linear Density: 0.293 um/bit
Track Density: 0.74 um/track
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196Â 608
[U]Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 2Â 125Â 567[/U]
[U]Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 0[/U]

[B]Burned:[/B]
Disc ID: RICOHJPN-D01-67
Maximum Read Rate: Not Specified
Track Path: Opposite Track Path (OTP)
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196Â 608
[U]Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 15Â 780Â 799[/U]
[U]Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2Â 125Â 567[/U]

Are the differences significant (explainable)? I set the booktype to DVD-ROM, can see that above, and burned with DVD Decryptor. I used the mds file to burn. Why is there a difference? When emulating the iso used, the physical sectors start as in original.

For everybody having problems burning a backup of release E11 - the problem is actually not burning the DVD - your firmware is updated to not be able to read OTP (copied DVDs) when you first insert an E11 disk in the drive.
Current solution (if you have the E11 firmware “upgrade” already) is to use an image with loading.kwi from E10. To downgrade, a reset is needed (removing the fuse of the GPS unit or the battery).
For more details (and for download links), look here:
[I]*** LINK REMOVED ***[/I]

@girtsn
Please don’t provide links to forums with mainly illegal content - such as in the very thread you’ve suggested.

I have a 2009 Honda Accord, and I am trying to back up my 4.73a navigation software:

This is the burned DVD-ROM DL information (which does not work):

TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223Q SB03 (ATA)
Current Profile: DVD+R DL

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 3,525,728
Size: 7,220,690,944 bytes
Time: 783:31:53 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
Session 1… (LBA: 0)
-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 3525727)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 3525728)

Track Information:
Session 1…
-> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, TS: 3525728, LRA: 0)

Disc Control Blocks Information:
TSSTcorp SH-S223Q

Physical Format Information (ADIP):
Disc ID: CMC MAG-D03-64
Book Type: DVD+R DL
First Physical Sector of Data Area: 196,608
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 2,283,519

Disc ID: CMC MAG-D03-64
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,607
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 1,959,471

Layer Information:
Layer 0 Sectors: 1,762,864 (50%)
Layer 1 Sectors: 1,762,864 (50%)

The emulated image (on Daemon Tools) has this information as provided by ImgBurn:

ABQ IV8DIFSLY34 1.03 (SCSI)
Current Profile: DVD-ROM

Disc Information:
Erasable: No
Sessions: 1
Sectors: 3,525,727
Size: 7,220,688,896 bytes
Time: 783:31:52 (MM:SS:FF)

TOC Information:
Session 1… (LBA: 0)
-> Track 01 (Mode 1, LBA: 0 - 3525726)
-> LeadOut (LBA: 3525727)

Track Information:
Session 1…
-> Track 01 (LTSA: 0, TS: 3525727, LRA: 0)

Maximum Read Rate: 10.08Mbps
Last Physical Sector of Data Area: 16,580,606
Last Physical Sector in Layer 0: 1,959,471

Layer Information:
Layer 0 Sectors: 1,762,864 (50%)
Layer 1 Sectors: 1,762,863 (50%)

Is the disc failing because of the ADIP being different than on the OEM disc? I have made sure to match the book-type. I am using co-branded Office Depot DVD+R DL (Ativa). I have not tried either Sony nor Verbatim DVDs, and the current copies burn and verify all the way through at 4x speed.

Hi,
same problem,
how can i make a backup from vw navi dvd vw v4 and v6 ?
Which is the best burner to use with spezial dvd?
Don´t know the copy protection in dvd.
Can´t find anyone, no scanner detect one.
Please help me, give me a manuel to burn me a backup from orginal dvd disk.
Big thanks

Hi,

I’m obviously new to the forum here, but I’ve been trolling around on tips on how to work around DVD protection issues for some movies. However like everyone else on here, I wanted to make a back up copy of my Navigation Disc.

I burned it my first try and it worked. I tried all of the features, which included the voice step by step guide, and searched for POI, everything worked. This is what I did:

I used a Volvo VNS, NAV TECH On Board DVD. It has a serial number of: DVD-P2001/P28U-4. It is the North American Disc.

My OS is Windows Vista Premium with the latest SP.

I used 2 DVD drives, a source and destination drive. I tried to see what manufacturer is for both drives, however I can’t seem to remember them. However all I know is that the source drive has label flash technology, and from my hardware properties tab, the source drive is: [B]HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH40F[/B] and my destination drive is [B]TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223F[/B], I believe it’s a Samsung, because I bought it recently.

The reason why I chose the latter as my destination drive is because Nero Express does not give me the option of changing the book type.

I started out by using Nero Express, and clicked on “Image, Project, Copy”. Then I clicked on “Copy Entire DVD”. I tried clicking on “Disc Image or Saved Project”, however it didn’t give me the option changing the book type. After clicking on “Copy Entire DVD”, I selected the TSSTcorp drive, and I clicked on Options. Then from there you can click on “options” again, and you’ll see that you can change the book type settings.

I’m assuming if your DVD drive does not have that option, then you obviously can’t change the book type. My OEM drive that came with the computer can not change the book type settings. I had no idea that certain brand names really meant a lot. I was on Newegg, and I was wondering why LiteOn cost so much, now I know. Luckily I bought an OEM drive from my nearest MicroCenter, and luckily it has the option of changing the book type settings.

I hope this helps out,

–Michael

Gratulations for burning your navi dvd.
Only think is, this disc has no copy protection on board :-((
I can´t believe that no one is here you can burn a alpha settec rom navi dvd.
Why?

There are several japans programs which make us believe, they can copy alpha settec rom.
How has got this tools?
Reveolution cd?
vmediamaster?
cdic pro?

Please, share them,for testing.
And what is with virtual cd 9 or alcohol?

[QUOTE=switchgott;2435025]Gratulations for burning your navi dvd.
Only think is, this disc has no copy protection on board :-((
I can´t believe that no one is here you can burn a alpha settec rom navi dvd.
Why?

There are several japans programs which make us believe, they can copy alpha settec rom.
How has got this tools?
Reveolution cd?
vmediamaster?
cdic pro?

Please, share them,for testing.
And what is with virtual cd 9 or alcohol?[/QUOTE]

Ok. Bad news, the navigation disc started skipping for some reason, and I don’t know why. Unfortunately I was in a desperate situation and I wanted to buy the first DVD DL pack I found, which was memorex. I read somewhere on this thread that the brand name is rubbish, but I bought it anyways :doh::o

I don’t know if it’s the burning process, the DVD, or the GPS unit that is not accepting the DVD. Currently I’m burning a new disc by using the same method, and there isn’t a slower burning speed than 4x, so we’ll see what happens this time.

–Mfong

HI,
and?
What is your resault?

[QUOTE=Fongmich;2436570]Ok. Bad news, the navigation disc started skipping for some reason, and I don’t know why. Unfortunately I was in a desperate situation and I wanted to buy the first DVD DL pack I found, which was memorex. I read somewhere on this thread that the brand name is rubbish, but I bought it anyways :doh::o

I don’t know if it’s the burning process, the DVD, or the GPS unit that is not accepting the DVD. Currently I’m burning a new disc by using the same method, and there isn’t a slower burning speed than 4x, so we’ll see what happens this time.

–Mfong[/QUOTE]
If it is skipping but otherwise working, it’s just a bad burn. Not surprising if you are using DL Memorex. If burning a DL disc, only use Verbatim +R media if you want consistently reliable results.

No chance on alpha settec rom.
But why japans friends can copy alpha settec rom protected cd / dvds from games?
And why we can´t scan the protection on DVD?
Is there a tool to do it?

A good ripper to read the dvd backward ?
Any idea?

Hello All…

I have had good success copying the Navteq Chrysler/Jeep disk using the CloneCD method with AnyDVD running in the background. In my opinion, and after trying a LOT of different media, the ONLY discs that have been 100% successful have been the Verbatim DL DVD 8X in the jewel cases. The model number of these discs are 95311. If you do a search on Bing for Verbatim 95311 and click shopping, you will find the best price. They will run you about $2.01 per disk including shipping.

I have tried just about every DL disk Verbatim has and it seems that they ALL burn just fine, the issue is that the Nav unit has a hard time reading the disk except for the 95311 discs.

The difference between the OEM discs and “Burnt” coppies lies in the manufacturing process. OEM discs are “Stamped”. Burning the disc leaves little indentations in the organic dye.

According to Verbatim, all their DL discs made in Singapore are the same, but I beg to differ. Unless someone comes up with a way for the laser in the burner to burn hotter (if that is even possible) or you have a million dollars to buy a stamping machine, stick with the 95311 discs.

On another note, the new Pioneer BDR-205 12X Blu-Ray Burner has a 450 mW pulsed-operation blu-violet laser, which is significantly stronger than the 200 mW lasers that are commonly used in today’s Blu-ray players. I wonder if this high power laser will burn better discs. What do you think?

What is the copy protection on Navetec DVD?
Please tell us, same as blaupunkt alpha settec rom?

There is no copy protection on the Navteq Disc

How do you know this?
I can´t find on trvelpilot E copy protection too.
No idea how i can make a analyse about it.

Hi guys
I have been reading this thread with interest as I have a Navteq Jaguar Europe Nav DVD that I wanted to back up.
I successfully backed it up on my old PC (Vista) easily (cant remember how, think it was just copy and paste from one dual layer dvd writer to another) before the PC crashed and I had to buy a new one which ran XP (Sp3) and came with Nero 7.
The copy was damaged shortly (removed it when car was in for warranty work) after so I had to back it up again on the new PC which has 2 DVD DL readers/writers:-
One is an Atapi (Lite On?) DVD A DH20A1P the other is an Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200S SCSI
After trying to copy using DVD Decryptor to create an IMG and then burn the IMG with Nero 7 all I got on the burned DVD was 2 files one a huge IMG file which I couldnt open and the other was an MDS file.Dont know what I was doing wrong but I am learning.
6 coasters later and I was about to give up,as a last resort I did this…
Open Nero 7 Burning ROM and select [B]DVD Copy[/B].
Under Copy options select "[B]On The Fly[/B]"
The source drive wouldnt allow ‘on the fly’ for the Atapi DVD DL reader/writer so the Optiarc was used as the source DVD.
Under Read Options I selected ‘[B]Data DVD[/B]’ and '[B]Reading with error correction[/B]'
Under ‘Burn’ I selected ‘[B]Determine Max speed[/B]’ and '[B]Write[/B]'
The disc copied no problem at 8x and was automatically set to Book Type DVD-Rom.
During the verification the Optiarc could only verify the 1st 50% and then struggled to read any further so I had to abort the verification but the DVD works no problems.
The copied disc is called DVD_1 Copy as I couldnt find a way to add the original title which was 464210-9961 but as said it works.
The discs used (6 coasters and 1 good copy) were Ritec S04 DVD+R DL

I hope this easy method helps someone else who is looking to back up their SatNav DVD.

thank you all, i’ve gotten it to work.

I used DVD Decrypter, writing an MDS File from the ISO image and then burning from that MDS File onto Verbatim DVD+R DL Disks using an Optiarc AD 7640S in my Dell Studio 15.

I put in the DVD, the system downloaded new software, and then restarted, and I had POIs GALORE, as opposed to the address bound 2004 version I had, which in the DC area was highly outdated.

Thanks all for your help, I’ve been using your posts alot and got the job done. Not even one coaster was created in this process.

Best,

Kokowheelman