Make a backup of your CD/DVD navigation disc

vbimport

I have a NAVTEQ CD BECKER INDIANAPOLIS V.6 cd4 southeast Europe 2008 car navigation disc,
and I want to make a back up for safety reasons
The original is 532 MB
What software do I have to use to make this copy?
[B]
Becker Indianapolis
Navigationssysteme / navigation systems:

• Becker Indianapolis / Indianapolis Pro 7920, 7921, 7922, 7923, 7925 + 7950, 7951, 7952, 7953, 7955 [/B]

Has anyone tried to download the navigation file for their vehicle from the internet and then burn a dvd from that file. i see that some sites have the dvd available for download (iso file) for a minimal price ($5) but am not sure if this application will result in a useable copy. Any thoughts?

I managed to copy the navigation DVD of my BMW X5 (2005-2006), its for the middle east, and it did not have a protection. File size was somewhere 93MB. So i copied the files to my desktop and used Nero to burn it on DVD+R (Imataion RW), then put it in my car and its working fine, i stored the original and running the copy.

Now i am trying to copy Lexus LX570 navigation DVD (86271-70V792, 2007-2008 ver. 1) for the middle east. It is also not protected, so i copied the files to the computer and i burnt it using Nero (same process as the BMW). File size is around 335MB. But unfortunatily it did not work, i have tried DVD+R/-R and nothing worked. The original DVD said UDF/ISO so i used it Nero to make the same. But still couldn’t get it to work. I guess there is no need to go for a double layer DVD since the file is small size.

Can someone point me on how to do it if they managed to make a copy?
Also wanted to know are navigation DVD also bound by region?!! If so how can we convert a USA navigation DVD to the region required i.e. from region 1 to region 2?

Would really appreciate the help.

Hello!
How could I write a navi-CD in the cd?? :smiley:
If somebody could tell me than send me an e-mail!
My e-mail is //[I]edited by imkidd57: please use the PM (Personal messaging) service. That way you won’t get spammed[/I]//

I successfully backed-up my 6.1 GEN-5 Lexus navigation dvd. It works in my 2007 ES350 - flawlessly. Here’s how I did it (thanks to Newski’s post):

1. Insert DVD, run DVDdecrypter 3.5.4.0
  2. Ignore DVDdecrypter error
  3. Switch to ISO READ mode on Decrypter by selecting: Mode/ISO/Read.
  4. Either select File/decrypt or click on the Disc to Harddrive picture at bottom of screen to begin the reading and writing to your harddrive.
  5. Open Nero Burning ROM. Cancel New Compilation dialog (if it popped up).
  6. Go to Recorder, Burn Image, select the .iso from Step 4.
  7. Burn on Memorex DVD+R DL.
  8. Pop in Navi, viola it works instantly.

Now I have a 2006 GX470 too, but it’s Gen-4 so it can’t read my ES350 Gen-5 DVD - which sucks.

Anyone have a 6.1 or 7.1 Gen-4 DVD? :slight_smile: or for that matter, a 7.1 Gen-5 DVD? :slight_smile:

Can I get some help with copy of Toyota dvd 2008-2009 Europe map please?
I try imgburn, nero 7, dvd decripter all the programs, but the car is giving me dvd erorr disc.
I change the book type to dvd-rom but still no luck.
Any oder advice for me please?
thank you

Hi guys. I have a 2007 Chrysler 300c. I leave in Romania , Europe. I need the last navigation dvd. Do you know where can I find it? That is besides the dealer. It costs about 300 euro.

Hello,

I have read all the posts on this forum and still didn’t manage to get a copy of a dvd map.

Here are the facts:

I have a Lexus IS250- 2007 with Gen. 5 navigation. A friend of mine has also the same car and he bought from someone a DVD with Eastern Europe coverage 08-09Ver.1 Russia. The dvd is a backup not the original. Now I tried to clone this dvd but no results. The disc is not protected ( tried all the detectors to find out). It is a Verbatim single layer disc DVD+R. The size of the dvd is 1.39 Gb.
I tried all the methods suggested above but didn’t worked. I have a LG burner and swiched the booktype to DVD-ROM, it burns the disc as DVD-ROM , that is what DVD decrypter says- all the parameters of the disc are the same when I compared them - but still when I put the disc into the cars navi it says : unable to read data.
Is it possible that the type of media ( disc manufacturer ) to be the reason?( I didn’t tried on Verbatim)
Please any suggestions?

Hallo everybody.
After burning around 10 CDs I have successfully made backup copies of Blaupunkt Teleatlas Spain-Portugal 2008-2009. Someone opened my VW Passat some time ago and the only Navi disc was lost, so I needed backup.

I have read most of the comments of this forum, and the main conclusion is that the type of disc you use is essential to have a good copy.

I used:

1. CLONE CD 5.3.1.3 I made a disc image, using the following profile:

[CloneCD ReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=0
ReadSubAudio=0
RegenerateData=1
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=0
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
ReadSpeedData=1
ReadSpeedAudio=4
NoErrorReport=1
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=2
[CloneCD WritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=1
WriteSpeed=1
[CloneCD DefaultReadPrefs]
ReadSubData=0
ReadSubAudio=0
RegenerateData=0
AbortOnReadError=0
FastErrorSkip=1
IntelligentBadSectorScan=0
SectorSkip=100
ReadSpeedData=4
ReadSpeedAudio=4
NoErrorReport=1
FirstSessionOnly=0
AudioQuality=2
[CloneCD DefaultWritePrefs]
DontRepairSubchannelData=0
AlwaysCloseLastSession=1
AmplifyWeak=2
WriteSpeed=4
[Common]
ImageIndex=0
NoDelete=0
[Caption]
DE=SafeDisc ab 3.*

1. With Daemon 347 you mount the previous disc copy image, all emulations ON.
  2. You use again CLONE CD, with the same profile, to make a disc copy. Source disc is the virtual unit (daemon unit), and you make the copy “on the fly”.
  3. I have used an average CD recorder: LG compact disc recorder (not DVD recorder).

THAT IS ALL, I insist, the type of disc is very important. I burned some VERBATIM and the disc was invalid for the car NAVI system. I have tried some other types, and they all work fine: SONY SUPREMAS, DATAWRITE SILVER SILVER and INTENSO, all CD-R 700, naturally.

I hope this will help people to get valid backup copies. Don’t get up, perseverate, it is possible! If I made it, you can make it, my PC runs on Windows 98!!

Good luck!! Adieu.

Hello everybody, sorry about my english because I am portugueses.
I have a Vw Passat RFD2 DVD GPS, and the software is TeleAtlas Europe 2009 EX.
I don´t no how to make a backup disk.
I already burn more than 10 dvd and nothing is ok.

thanks.

OK. Finally! I’ve been able to reliably make a back up of a Dodge/Chrysler RB1 05064033AG disc. The key is in the media used. Some work, some don’t. Some work better than others.

1. Make or obtain an ISO of the disk. DVD Decrypter works fine. I’m sure the others do also. Set the ISO program to stop on an error. Don’t try to fix it, don’t ignore it, start over. There is no copy protection or other BS on the disc. There should be no errors.
  2. As long as your DVD writer allows the book type to be changed it should work. I’ve used an older NEC IDE 3500AG drive and a newer Samsung sh-203B SATA drive with identical results. Both have up to date firmware.
  3. Use Nero 9, setting the Book Type to DVD rom and burn the ISO. Use verify to confirm a good burn. You don’t have to change any of the other default settings.
  4. Burn using a Sony or Verbatim DVD+R DL 2.4 disc. Memorex and Ritek are a waste of time and money for this purpose. Fuji’s may work but they’re not consistent. A burned Fuji disc may work today but show a read error tomorrow.
    I’m convinced the difference is in the dyes used by the disc manufacturers. The RB1 just can’t read some brands due to their reflectivity. If at some time in the future Sony and Verbatim change their dyes, they may not work either. I haven’t tried Taiyo Yudens. I know they’re cheap, high quality discs but I’ve been able to get the Sony’s for $22 for a ten pack. I’m happy with that.

[QUOTE=vitally;2170523]Hello,

I have read all the posts on this forum and still didn’t manage to get a copy of a dvd map.

Here are the facts:

I have a Lexus IS250- 2007 with Gen. 5 navigation. A friend of mine has also the same car and he bought from someone a DVD with Eastern Europe coverage 08-09Ver.1 Russia. The dvd is a backup not the original. Now I tried to clone this dvd but no results. The disc is not protected ( tried all the detectors to find out). It is a Verbatim single layer disc DVD+R. The size of the dvd is 1.39 Gb.
I tried all the methods suggested above but didn’t worked. I have a LG burner and swiched the booktype to DVD-ROM, it burns the disc as DVD-ROM , that is what DVD decrypter says- all the parameters of the disc are the same when I compared them - but still when I put the disc into the cars navi it says : unable to read data.
Is it possible that the type of media ( disc manufacturer ) to be the reason?( I didn’t tried on Verbatim)
Please any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

If you have the last firmware update on your navigation… say by-by to working copies!
The 2008/2009 discs for this system will only be recognised by the system if an update was performed with an original. With a copy you may be able to perform an update but the system will not recognize the copy dvd to be a valid navigation disc.
As soon as you perform an update the software will check if the DVD is an original PTP DVD. If not, it will not recognize the DVD .
The continued use of copies of the 2007/2008 software is in most cases also blocked depending on the firmware/hardware version of the various navigation units.
So… bad news! :sad:

Can someone please help me burn my Acura Navigation DVD. I have been trying for weeks, and haven’t been able to get it right!..I am using ImgBurn and Verbatim DL DVD’s. Any help with be greatly appreciated!

When I select the ISO file, it redirects automatically and chooses the MDS file. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

[QUOTE=hpcomputerdude;2220933]Can someone please help me burn my Acura Navigation DVD. I have been trying for weeks, and haven’t been able to get it right!..I am using ImgBurn and Verbatim DL DVD’s. Any help with be greatly appreciated![/QUOTE][QUOTE=hpcomputerdude;2220935]When I select the ISO file, it redirects automatically and chooses the MDS file. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?[/QUOTE]Welcome to CDF’s:

I don’t have a Navi disc to try but when you burn a DL using ImgBurn yes you load the .mds file as that has the layer break info.

What drive brand/model are you using to burn the Verbie DL blank with and what speed are you burning them at? Are your Verbie DL blanks 2.4x or 8x?

I have an LG burner HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20L NC08 (ATA). I just got the 2006 version to work, but for some reason I could not get the 2008 version to work. I’m not really sure what I did different for the 2006 version, but it worked

My DVD’s are 2.4x

Do you have access to a desktop dual layer burner? Laptop burners are ok but desktop burners seems to be better especially with DL blanks.

@ hpcomputerdude

Try to write one post and don’t split your info into several posts. When you forgot adding some info you can still edit your post for the time period of 30 minutes so it won’t be so complex for other members following your problem and the thread in general. Thanks.

I too have tried backing up my orange acura navi dvd. I have tried using a tsst and a liteon burner with both ritek/maxell and verbatim dl disks. I have verified that on both drives the booktype is set to dvd rom. I have tried using imgburn as well as nero. I have about 12 DVD DL coasters! Does anyone have any suggestions?

You have to have the right equipment… the version I have is GM Part Number 25847541. I have this DVD and was able to make a backup copy that works perfectly!

Basically you have to have a DVD recorder that supports writing the booktype to ROM. If it doesnt then you cant make a backup… I used NERO’s free version and it worked the first time on my computer but my laptop didnt work… I did some research on the DVD writers in both computers and it turns out the one in my laptop will not write booktype ROM.

Im sure this is the same with most the NAV DVD’s out there.

If you are making coasters its because your writer is not what you need… its as simple as that!

If you need help obtaining a working backup copy of the part number I have you can still PM me! I would like to obtain the latest GM part Number 25956245 Nav DVD. Anyone? Ill back it up for you? I do have the 08 version though if anyone is interested.

Thanks

:bow:
excuse me for my English but I don’t understand someone to be succeeded in copying the volkswagen dvd rns mfd V4 I have the passat 11/09 I have tried but it doesn’t work.

does a guide exist?

thanks boys!