Make a backup of your CD/DVD navigation disc

vbimport

Thank you, i`ve got it, my dvd burner was not ok, I thougt the dvd dl were in bad condition but I tried in other computer and everything ok¡¡¡¡¡¡¡:iagree:

I successfully copied my 2006 Toyota Highlander Navigation System disc (DVD+R DL) using the following:
[U]Equipment[/U]:
*Samsung burner model SH-203N
*DVDdecrypter 3.5.4.0 (Download is free) (Note, I tried using the free version of DVDfab Decrypter but it did NOT give me the options of “ISO READ” and/or “ISO WRITE.” Seems that this “fab” version of decrypter only recognizes an AUDIO dvd. Same with version 3.5.4.0 but it allowed different settings.
*Nero Essentials 7
*Blank Memorex DVD+R DL disc.
*Windows XP Pro
[U]Procedure[/U]:
*Place your original disc into your burner. Chances are your system will not recognize the disc but will show it as a DVD-ROM. Right click and “Explore” the disc to determine its size and content. My Toyota disc had 2 folders and 10 files. Size was 7.76 GB.
*Start DVDdecrypter. Decrypter immediately gave me this error message: quote “UDF file system parsing failed! Reason: Unable to find ‘VIDEO_TS’ folder. Are you sure you have a DVD-Video disc in the drive? Note: For non DVD-Video discs, use ‘ISO READ’ mode.” unquote.
*Switch to ISO READ mode on Decrypter by selecting: Mode/ISO/Read. Another Decrypter screen appears showing both the source and the destination. Change the destination to a place on your hard drive. Note, I left all other settings at their default setting.
*Either select File/decrypt or click on the Disc to Harddrive picture at bottom of screen to begin the reading and writing to your harddrive.
*The result puzzled me. It resulted in 2 files, an .ISO (8.14gb) file and a .MDS (9.0kb) file. Both had the file name of the original disc, just different extensions. I thought, what the heck. I’ll still go ahead and burn the two files to a DVD+R DL disc.
*Place your blank DVD+R DL disc in your burner. I had a Memorex x2.4 on hand so used it. Other’s have reported that the best brand to use is Verbatum.
*Start Nero Essentials 7 (your procedures will obviously be different if using different software). Select disc type as DVD. Then select to make a DATA disc. Then add BOTH files made by Decrypter to the burn list. Make sure Book Type is set to DVD-ROM. And then burn.
*The burn process labeled the resultant disc the same as the original AND it contained all the folders and files of the original and also duplicated its size. The disc worked with no problems in my Toyota.

Sorry if this is too basic for most of you but hope it helps those who are needing specific instructions. My original is safely in my home files, and the backup is the one taking the dreaded summer heat.:):slight_smile:

Thanks for the exact guide newski it’ll be very helpful for other people.

Has anyone been able to make a working backup copy of an Acura MDX orange navigation disc? If so, how?

Still no replies for the VOLVO RTI…

I have successfully copied a Chrysler Navtech xxxAE disk using Verbatim DVD+R DL media a pioneer DVR-112 and Toast (sorry guys it’s a Mac). I burned at 2x speed and it worked fine. I saved it as a toast disk image and then burned.

[QUOTE=mtroute;2000323]I have successfully copied a Chrysler Navtech xxxAE disk using Verbatim DVD+R DL media a pioneer DVR-112 and Toast (sorry guys it’s a Mac). I burned at 2x speed and it worked fine. I saved it as a toast disk image and then burned.[/QUOTE]

Update - Looks like the copy was not actually successful. It boots fine and updated my Nav unit but when you try to put in a destination, if tries to calculate route and then tells me to move into an open area…Back to the drawing board.

I am new to CD Freaks and don’t know how to post a question, so just replying to someone with the same problems.

I can not backup my Lexus 2007-2008 Navigation DVD and have tries all the recommendations on CD Freaks and now have about 45 coasters, this will eventually end up costing me a new car just to get a backup Disk.
I also have a heat problem living in South Africa and many of my CD’s in my car have turned into warped coasters. The Car becomes an Oven.
I am trying to backup a 2008 IS250 Lexus navigation DVD 2007-2008 ver1 and have not been successful. What puzzles me is the disk shows as a data DVD Rom and the content size is only 325 megabytes and this does not seem right . I presumed it to be more that 4 GB with all the information it gives. I now do not use my very expensive Cars DVD Navigation for this reason as well as it does not give traffic camera update posibility. Make a note of this when purchasing a new car, do not get on board Nav go for Garmin its Cheaper and more useful. I can’t understand why they would leave out something so important to a driver on a Cars Inbuilt GPS. Maybe poor planning and no foresight. I now drive a Luxury Car with so called top navigation switched off and a Garmin stuck to my windscreen.

Anybody have luck with the RB1 unit yet?

I have read 9 pages of posts. I see nothing about Ford Nav systems. I ran a program and it says I have dummy files. I have read about them and have a clear understanding on what they are but do not see a way around them.

Has anybody had any luck with Ford Nav disks?

Just made a copy for my 03 Escalade. I used DVD Decrypter to rip the dvd and Image Burn to make the copy and it worked like a charm. My burn speed was set to 4X, and book type set to DVD-ROM. :cool:

Hi, SuperC1
How did you set DVD-ROM when use Decrypter?? I have Samsung DVD burner

Hello everyone…Im new and eager to learn here…

My issue: I have a 2008 Mazda CX-9 here in Hawaii with a Denso Navigation System…However when I bought the car the saleman told me that the navigation works in Hawaii, however, i just found out the DVD Navigation Disc doesn’t have a map of Hawaii on it. Both Denso and Navteq don’t know when they will have a map for Hawaii. After much research and trial and error I found out that the most compatible DVD navigation disc with my system is the either the Cadillac or Hummer Discs, but not fully. All the options for POIs and Address add didn’t work but at least the map displayed. These are the only ones that can be recognized by the Denso system bios. Mercedez, Lexus, the only only other Denso sytems here in Hawaii, were not recognized as a map disc by my system.

I believe if I can get the map files from a Cadillac or Hummer DVD disc that I might be able to combine my DVD systems files with the map files to make a compatible DVD Disc with a Hawaii map on it.

Could any of you please put on the right track with this project?

Thanks in advance…:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Disc;2040791]Hello everyone…Im new and eager to learn here…

My issue: I have a 2008 Mazda CX-9 here in Hawaii with a Denso Navigation System…However when I bought the car the saleman told me that the navigation works in Hawaii, however, i just found out the DVD Navigation Disc doesn’t have a map of Hawaii on it. Both Denso and Navteq don’t know when they will have a map for Hawaii. After much research and trial and error I found out that the most compatible DVD navigation disc with my system is the either the Cadillac or Hummer Discs, but not fully. All the options for POIs and Address add didn’t work but at least the map displayed. These are the only ones that can be recognized by the Denso system bios. Mercedez, Lexus, the only only other Denso sytems here in Hawaii, were not recognized as a map disc by my system.
[B]
I believe if I can get the map files from a Cadillac or Hummer DVD disc that I might be able to combine my DVD systems files with the map files to make a compatible DVD Disc with a Hawaii map on it.[/B]

Could any of you please put on the right track with this project?

Thanks in advance…:)[/QUOTE]

Sure you can try that IF YOU OWN both that cars.

Thank you for the reply…but I was looking more for technical help…I’ve never done this before…I can buy the disc if someone can tell me if it’s possible first and how to do it…I dont want to put out $150 dollars or more if this might not work…:frowning:

Thanks…

I guess I’m asking if anyone has really analyzed the files in a navigation dvd and figured out what files are map files and what files are bios systems files…I been wronged by my salesman in leading me to believe there was a map of Hawaii on the disc, but he lied. I’m only trying to make a wrong right. And I’m using this for my vehicle only.

Can someone help me out?

Thank you…

Maybe there is a misunderstanding…I have a navigation dvd that came with my car…but it only has North America on it not Hawaii…DENSO Corporation and NAVTEQ do not know when they will be making a navigation disc to include Hawaii…so basically my sales man sold me a $1200 upgrade that is “rock” unless i create my own map disc with files from a Cadillac or Hummer disc that includes a Hawaii map “WHICH IM WILLING TO BUY”…but first I want learn how to do this…I’m just asking for the technical expertise here first before I make the investment…HELP PLEASE with my $1,200 dollar “ROCK”…Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Did I miss something here??? Can anyone explain why i got such a quick negative response for my first inquiry and then only silence after I tried to legally explain myself that this is not an attempt to do something illegal??? Please…

Thanks in advance…:slight_smile:

found this on ebay it is the latest version
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAZDA-07-NAVIGATION-NAV-GPS-DVD-DENSO-2007-CX-7-CX-9_W0QQcm dZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ38653QQihZ005QQitemZ150226067177QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Check this disk part number against yours if different go to the dealer and tell him you want to know why.

Which is the latest version for the volvo rti dvd 2008 edition?
Thank you