Major Problem

Software said I had to have full version to back-up css dvds. Paid my money and now have registered program, but still saying same thing. What is up???

go to http://www.dvdfab.net/download.htm

Thanks for the info!!!

New problems…

1. backed up first movie and found that the menu is somewhat corrupt.

Put disk in DVD player and everything seems to work up to the part where if gives you the choice to play movie or pick one of the other features. When you click on “play movie”, the dvd just stops. Now here is the strange part…hit play on the remote…and the movie plays.

1. Tried to convert dvd to play on our new PSP. After converting file and placing in the correct folder on the memory stick, it does not show it being there in the video selection. I know that it is the right folder because I downloaded 2 video commercials from the PSP web site and placed in that same folder, and they both work.

Is there something else that I need to do with this file before it will play on PSP?

hi, Firenut

what is your PSP firmware version, please select correct profile which is suit for your PSP firmware version, and copy it to the correct folder, Only PSP firmware >= 2.8 support video file in “\VIDEO” folder and normal filename, the PSP firmware < 2.8 just support special file name and special file folder.

Also be aware that with the latest version of software (2.8.1) there are now essentially three places that you can put video files on the PSP.

There is now a “root” directory: \VIDEO that you can put in fully named (not the <2.8.1 special names MAQ____ or M4V____) MPEG or h264 encoded video files, but this folder does NOT support the .thm video thumbnail files.

If you’re using <2.8.1 firmware, then you need to make sure that they files are named correctly and put in the proper file:

h264 encoded files have to be named: MAQxxxxx.MP4 where x is a “unique” five digit number (for example: MAQ11040.MP4), and is then placed in the PSP folder: {root}\MP_ROOT\101ANV01

MPEG encoded files have to be named: M4Vxxxxx.M4V where x is a “unique” five digit number (for example: M4V11050.M4V), and is then placed in the PSP folder: {root}\MP_ROOT\101MNV01

Hi,

Have the newest firmware (2.8.1).

I will try renameing the file and let you know how it works. On a side note; if you rename your files, how will you know what movie you are going to watch?

New to this PSP thingy. Just bought one for my youngest on his 8th birthday!

Still a no-go. Will keep trying differenta things.

hi, Firenut

I will try renameing the file and let you know how it works.

Why did you need renameing the file ? why not direct copy the file to folder ?

if you use a profile for firmware 2.8+, you not need change the filename, just copy it to “…(PSP root)\VIDEO”.

On a side note; if you rename your files, how will you know what movie you are going to watch?

PSP show the information from file title, not filename, you can change the title in DVDFab UI.

Thanks