Major problem when converting to dvd

Can’t convert from avi to dvd with both cucusoft or dvd flick video convertors.
Bother programs get to about 99% complete then fail to author/ finalize
No idea why they won’t finish converting,…
all the vob video files are present in the out put disc folder but some of the bup files are missing so when i burn the video-ts onto disc it won’t play (there only seems to be one bup file because it would’nt finish converting fully)
Anyone ever had this problem?

Almost all conversion problems have to do with the source files, where did they come from? Camcorder, TV, ect.

It has happened on 3 different avi’s so your wrong with your first idea unfortunately!
It converts fine all the way through then won’t complete the very last stage of conversion leaving only one bup file in the video_ts folder instead of three bups. Meaning the video -ts is incomplete.
wierd problem, i swear i’m cursed

Two common causes. The first is bad source files as noted above. Secondly, crappy conversion software. DVD Flick is generally fairly reliable, so I would tend to think it is the source files. But you can always try another app. ConvertXtoDVD would be the best choice, but it isn’t free. Otherwise give FAVC a try.

Ensure you have enough free space on your HDD and try changing the settings to have the app create the video folders or an iso and NOT burn the files.

I doubt it’s the programs or source as i have tried 2 progs (cucusoft / flick) both programs convert fine nearly all the way through(which indicates they are working correctly) but fail to fully encode/finalize or fully author.
I’ll try convert x to dvd on a trial version and see if i get the same probs…

Here is the error message i get from dvd flick at the end of the conversion (i get the same error at the end of the cucusoft conversion aswell)

[B]An Error occured during the encoding process[/B]-1 from Author DVD : DVD was not authored correctly

Below you can find a log file which provieds as to how the error might have occured

(errorlog.txt >)

… it would’nt let me copy and paste the error report!

[QUOTE=liverpool55;2193997]Here is the error message i get from dvd flick at the end of the conversion (i get the same error at the end of the cucusoft conversion aswell)

[B][B]An Error occured during the encoding process[/B]-1 from Author DVD : DVD was not authored correctly[/B]

Below you can find a log file which provieds as to how the error might have occured

(errorlog.txt >)

… it would’nt let me copy and paste the error report![/QUOTE]

You have no clue so realize that the answers given are correct: CRAP SOURCES!

Try something ‘out of the box’… convert those AVIs into an mpg4 using Super… then load that mpg4 onto DVDflick… see if that helps…

liverpool55
We do not allow posts insulting other members. If you cannot keep a civil tone, you will either be sinbinned for a short time, or permanently banned. Consider this a warning.

The fact that both apps make it to the end (99%), doesn’t mean you don’t have source issues. If anything, it sounds like the end of the file is where the problem lies.

try to play it on VLC player, if its a bad file download, VLC will try to repair it

[QUOTE=duncan30c;2199507]try to play it on VLC player, if its a bad file download, VLC will try to repair it[/QUOTE]

Are you sure about that ? Cause is if so that is something I don’t recall VLC site saying that it can do that.

My money is on the bad source files…this is fairly a major source of conversion process being unable to finish properly because of a bad encoding or previous source didn’t compile the correct video format or was corrupted in some way during the process. Next would come the converting software isn’t able to to covert the file. And also you never mentioned whether you watched the source from beginning to end without pauses or stop to see if there are flickering or anything visual that you saw while watching the videos. And regardless of the program used to convert if the source is bad or is corrupted someway in the video file somewhere the converter will detect it and stop or not finalize the output and if it does somehow finish the end. The result will be a jerky video or skipping video or it will just not even play.

My $.02? The person who uploaded the vids you got your hands on deliberately uploaded corrupt files and is sitting home reading this and laughing their arse off…