Major price down on blu-ray media in Japan

vbimport

… if you know how to find the deals online, a 20 pack of 25gb bd-rs go for about $3.50 a disc, 20 pack bd-res $4.00, 5 pack 50gb bd-rs $9, and 3 pack 50gb bd-res $15.
So all the $ is price per disc?

[QUOTE=zaina;2155875]So all the $ is price per disc?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They’re not that cheap yet.

Well first off you probably wouldn’t want those, you would probably want these. Full face wide print (22-118mm) (the sonys have the nicest printable surface of any of them it’s nice to finally see it on 50gbs) and available in 5 packs which are little bit cheaper, not out for a few days but will be a hot disc right away. PM me for pricing estimates if you’re serious, not sure the board admins would like that kind of thing done in public until Zevia gets this worked out.

[QUOTE=skypx;2155869]For reference how much would 10 3 packs of sony BD-R DL discs cost?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks again nikoneko! You da man. :iagree: :clap: :bow:

Very Nice skypx :clap:
How much did you pay ?
please give us more detail :iagree:

[quote=Burnsama;2162810]Very Nice skypx :clap:
How much did you pay ?
please give us more detail :iagree:[/quote]

<$12.00 per BD-R DL and <$5.00 per BD-R. :iagree: :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=skypx;2162824]<$12.00 per BD-R DL and <$5.00 per BD-R. :iagree: :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

I got it …Thanks for the info skypx :slight_smile:

and one more question ?
How about TDK BD-R / BD-R DL media ? ( I personally don’t like a entire TDK DVD media )
is it better than SONY BD-R ?

[quote=Burnsama;2162834]I got it …Thanks for the info skypx :slight_smile:

and one more question ?
How about TDK BD-R / BD-R DL media ? ( I personally don’t like a entire TDK DVD media )[/quote]

I have been using TDK BD media for over a year now with the LG GGW H20N without any issues at all.

I think we can get less than that if we arrange some kind of group order in quantities… :wink: I’m not sure if there will be enough interest from cdfreaks members though. Any idea how we can manage it? I’m interested in how much you guys willing to pay for a BD media?

[QUOTE=skypx;2162835]I have been using TDK BD media for over a year now with the LG GGW H20N without any issues at all.[/QUOTE]

Great thanks skypx :slight_smile:
try to get some TDK BD-R media sometime soon :iagree:

[QUOTE=zevia;2162837]I think we can get less than that if we arrange some kind of group order in quantities… :wink: I’m not sure if there will be enough interest from cdfreaks members though. Any idea how we can manage it? I’m interested in how much you guys willing to pay for a BD media?[/QUOTE]

Ah well, I just got mine a couple of weeks ago, so it’s less likely I want more right now. I use mine mainly for data backup. But if I want to get one, right now, how about the DL BD-R for below $10?

[quote=f4ding;2162895]how about the DL BD-R for below $10?[/quote]It’s possible… :iagree: if we have enough interest in the group order… any suggestion?

I agree f4ding :iagree:
[B]4X[/B] rated BD-DL below $10
( I’m not interest 2X BD media )

[quote=Burnsama;2164073]I agree f4ding :iagree:
[B]4X[/B] rated BD-DL below $10
( I’m not interest 2X BD media )[/quote]

Also interested in 4x BD-R DL for <$10 each. I imagine shipping would be a hassle for a group order. :confused:

[QUOTE=skypx;2164092] I imagine shipping would be a hassle for a group order. :confused:[/QUOTE]

Me too :confused:
Hope I more price down after holiday season :bow:

Shipping shouldn’t be bad, we can use Media mail or Parcel Post.

Would still ge a great deal count me in!

Hey, I’m still working on this with Zevia (actually he’s waiting on me but I’ve been swamped lately and am being slow). One of the things we’re working on is shipping, probably if we do this everybody will just pay their own individual shipping charges but get the group price on the items. That way I can deal with any lost packages or other problems which (sadly) I am used to doing.

The way I think I am gonna make this work is I’ll lay out a few different disc types and the discount level depending on how many are reserved (10 20 packs reserved = $4 a disc and so on). I just need to get the time to write it all up. In the meantime keep suggesting what’s hot with you guys and what you want to pay.

But what I did want to say is, the problem with 4X 50GBs is only TDK makes them which I don’t get a great price on. It’s actually cheaper for me to buy them retail in some cases on the TDKs because I have to buy like a 500+ discs to get a decent price from my regular guys. Sonys I can go much lower on in smaller quantities.

Oh and btw the <$10 a disc 50gb level will (probably) be at around 100 discs total, totally doable I should think. :flower:

Also TDK seems to be having a hard time keeping up with production lately, those 5 pack 4x 50gbs are sold out retail all over here and the last dozen box of 4x 25gb spindles I got in was made in their UAE factory not Japan as usual.

Thanks for the update nikoneko, that idea for shipping is EXCELLENT!

This way one person wouldn’t have to ship to everyone.

Ok, I just registered just to say that I’m extremely interested in blank bd-r media from Japan as well!

< 10$ for BD-R 50 and < 5 for BD-R 25 would be great!