Major Issues

I went to install Windows Defender and it sent my key direct to MS and I received a msg stating you might be a victim of a stolen key? Now my key is blacklisted. I am running Windows XP Pro Corp SP2. I tried everything to enter a new key no luck? I did buy the retail edition of Windows XP Pro SP2 direct from MS for £70 :slight_smile: but I tried to enter that Key in to the Corp editon and it was having none of it :frowning: I guess the inbuilt key validation routines are different in both XP Pro and The Corp Edt.

I lost java on me PC so managed to redownload it from the sun site, but it won’t install, states java already installed on the PC. Went to add remove programs, its simply not there and cant be found anywhere? Lots of sites need it to funtion properly, now I am simply stuck, and sites running off java simply display red X on the java routines and I see nothing except an empty box.:confused:

Some of my sites give me this message Please upgrade your Flash Player.

I already downloaded flash player and installed it, but to no avail!!

Do I need Shockwave Flash Player instead? as the offending site might be wrongly diagnosing my free version of Flash Player?.:confused: adobe offer these products free.:bigsmile:

Might have to do a system repair and get rid of all the offending files and start over.

Greets to all members as I have been off-line for almost 3 years:( and only got an 8mbit connection back in Feb… This year.

Off-Topic

There was alot more to add, but I decided it was of a confidential nature and removed all content before I posted :slight_smile:

I will say one thing download the Maxsecure Spyware trial and run it to see whats hidden in the registry and it will find any rootkits which are installed as system files! Stay away from spybot as it detected authentic purchased programs as theats and wanted to delete them? I acted very quick and killed spybot dead before it could do serious damage.

Final warning

Do not give any pictures to anyone on chatsites or msn as it is simply not the done thing and it is considered a major breach of security to ones ID! as I found out.

I have closed all ports in me router/modem ADSL2 all accept for ports 1080 for internet and Port 21 for FTP access.

I got 3 on-line scanners running while I browse the web and they kill malware etc. dead before it can install itself.

I myself use Spybot for over 5 years now, Never has it wanted to remove software from my system after scaning my system and installing it will have 6 steps to set it up correctly and back up regisrty before you can use it. I think you may have to start over. Register your Windows over the phone if you have a valid key (License) this should not be a problem!

Well on the upgrade part of your problem frrom corp to retail you need to reinstall windows from boot cd and reinstall it it wil revert yours system back to the cd date as far as you will need to reinstalling MS service packs. You boot the cd and when you see the first screen that has a R for repair you ignore that and continue like its your first time installation. Then hopefullly you get to the second screen that see your installation and you tell it you want to do a repair install and it will reinstall windows and will leave your system as it is. As long as you running the retail when you do the install you can use the key they gave you and it will work. You cant install a different version of windows from the desktop as it wont allow it. That all I can rember to do of the reinstall process off the top of my head :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=intercept;1946388]I went to install Windows Defender and it sent my key direct to MS and I received a msg stating you might be a victim of a stolen key? Now my key is blacklisted. I am running Windows XP Pro Corp SP2. I tried everything to enter a new key no luck? I did buy the retail edition of Windows XP Pro SP2 direct from MS for £70 :slight_smile: but I tried to enter that Key in to the Corp editon and it was having none of it :frowning: I guess the inbuilt key validation routines are different in both XP Pro and The Corp Edt.

I lost java on me PC so managed to redownload it from the sun site, but it won’t install, states java already installed on the PC. Went to add remove programs, its simply not there and cant be found anywhere? Lots of sites need it to funtion properly, now I am simply stuck, and sites running off java simply display red X on the java routines and I see nothing except an empty box.:confused:

Some of my sites give me this message Please upgrade your Flash Player.

I already downloaded flash player and installed it, but to no avail!!

Do I need Shockwave Flash Player instead? as the offending site might be wrongly diagnosing my free version of Flash Player?.:confused: adobe offer these products free.:bigsmile:

Might have to do a system repair and get rid of all the offending files and start over.

Greets to all members as I have been off-line for almost 3 years:( and only got an 8mbit connection back in Feb… This year.

Off-Topic

There was alot more to add, but I decided it was of a confidential nature and removed all content before I posted :slight_smile:

I will say one thing download the Maxsecure Spyware trial and run it to see whats hidden in the registry and it will find any rootkits which are installed as system files! Stay away from spybot as it detected authentic purchased programs as theats and wanted to delete them? I acted very quick and killed spybot dead before it could do serious damage.

Final warning

Do not give any pictures to anyone on chatsites or msn as it is simply not the done thing and it is considered a major breach of security to ones ID! as I found out.

I have closed all ports in me router/modem ADSL2 all accept for ports 1080 for internet and Port 21 for FTP access.

I got 3 on-line scanners running while I browse the web and they kill malware etc. dead before it can install itself.[/QUOTE]

From what I know of MS POS defender, you shouldn’t have installed that program…it in my opinion is POS software…your left to complain to MS that it is their mistake and they should fix the problem they caused you…and refund your money for POS defender…and toss that program in the trash…as it worth only that much. Then get yourself a better malware program. I use spybot ver. 5 but it doesn’t send the key like it did to you to MS to blacklist you.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;1946896]From what I know of MS POS defender, you shouldn’t have installed that program…it in my opinion is POS software…your left to complain to MS that it is their mistake and they should fix the problem they caused you…and refund your money for POS defender…and toss that program in the trash…as it worth only that much. Then get yourself a better malware program. I use spybot ver. 5 but it doesn’t send the key like it did to you to MS to blacklist you.[/QUOTE]

I have decided to do a system repair with a brand new key and will not install that POS defender that immeditaly blacklisted my key and rendered me unable to acess certain site:( I just purchased and installed a versign Class 1 Digital Id for outlook express with encryption but its not working right something is wrong I cant send encryped messages to anyone? I used it a few years back and it kept asking for a password before it would send an encypted e-mail. What have I done wrong? I have e-mailed their technical support for an answer. i can encrypt and send messages to myself but that is not what I purchased it for. :frowning: something is clearly wrong?

let me get this straight, you’re using a pirate version of windows and your complaining because you got caught out because of your own stupidity and now Microsoft are a bunch of wankers because they won’t let you use it anymore?
just goes to show with time off your intelligence didn’t get a boost in any way

[QUOTE=slayerking;1947034]let me get this straight, you’re using a pirate version of windows and your complaining because you got caught out because of your own stupidity and now Microsoft are a bunch of wankers because they won’t let you use it anymore?
just goes to show with time off your intelligence didn’t get a boost in any way[/QUOTE]

Ah I never made such claims I hold a retail copy of Windows XP Pro SP2 with a genine key from Microsoft. I was told to do a system repair and use my legitimate windows with my legitimate key and all should work ok.

[quote=intercept;1946388]I went to install Windows Defender and it sent my key direct to MS and I received a msg stating you might be a victim of a stolen key? Now my key is blacklisted. [B]I am running Windows XP Pro Corp SP2.[/B] I tried everything to enter a new key no luck? I did buy the retail edition of Windows XP Pro SP2 direct from MS for £70 :slight_smile: but I tried to enter that Key in to the Corp editon and it was having none of it :frowning: I guess the inbuilt key validation routines are different in both XP Pro and The Corp Edt.
[/quote]

What’s that say in bold?