Big time weird issue I've never encountered and have no idea how to resolve or even diagnose, I will lay out my symptoms below and see if anyone has any idea what has happened, or if I should just reformat entire PC and start over once again as I do every 6 months or less...
- Can no longer double click and play ANY .iso files from any of my internal or external HDD's (VLC media player pops up, and then does nothing)
- Can no longer play .iso's from HDD's using Daemon Lite/mounting, same issue as above occurs (side note: Daemon lite has been disabled from starting with Windows start-up for months, but has started popping up in system tray automatically this week out of no where)
- Can no longer burn .iso images successfully to DVD-R with DVD-Shrink/IMGburn (WEIRDEST ISSUE: DVD-Shrink goes through ENTIRE PROCESS perfectly, even opens up IMGburn which 'goes through the burning motions' exactly as normal, no errors, BUT EVERY DVD I MAKE says "Successful" but ends up BLANK and will not play in any DVD player or PC... NO DATA!?)
- NEW ITEM IN START MENU appeared out of no where: "Command Prompt"
- Cannot run some self-extracting Windows files (DOWNLOADED AND TRIED TO INSTALL NEWEST VERSION OF IMGburn, but once it was on desktop, I double click it, and NOTHING happens)
... I wanted to end this by saying I have every anti-virus, malware, spyware program installed and 100% up to date, as well as windows updates installed. (Ad-Aware, Spybot, Avira, Advanced Windows Care, and Glary Utilities)
Everything has been working flawlessly for 4+ months, and suddenly starting acting up in a BIG WAY last week.
ANY IDEAS GENTLEMEN? Thank you SOOOO much if you took the time to read/help!!!!!