Maintaining original date on copied MOV video files

I have a feeware called sdcopy, which will copy MOV files and change the extension to .mpeg.
This is a very handy tool but when I copy to the computer hard drive (and this has nothing to do with this particular software, any copying of an MOV file will result in what I am writing about here), the time date under properties for that video file is changed to the date it was copied, rather than the original recording date.
I am wondering if there is some way to copy those video files and maintain the original date without having to manually do this.
This video is being archived for reference, it is a running recording of the construction and assembly of a home built WWI biplane fighter (Sopwith camel) for future reference.
The problem is: the original video may not be downloaded for some time, and as this can be a lot of video data it is very troublesome to cross reference the original date/time and manually put it in the properties or title of each video chapter which is being saved to a folder on the computer.
:confused:Does anyone know of an easy way to do this?

Welcome to the forum. :flower:

What version are you using?

SDcopy supports the preservation of the original date and time when using the conversion mode rather than the copy mode. Simply select the source directory, but leave the target directory blank. The files will be converted from .MOD to .MPG, with the date/time intact.

JVC camcorders store the time/date and other information in a separate file with the extension of .MOI, so copying while preserving the date/time is a more complicated process. If you’re trying to do that, you’ll have to look for something other than SDcopy.

Thanks, I do use SDCopy but by leaving the target blank, wouldn’t this change the original file on the media card, thereby corrupting it and making it useless in the camera and requiring a card format before it can be used in the camera again?:confused:

What version are you using?

SDcopy supports the preservation of the original date and time when using the conversion mode rather than the copy mode. Simply select the source directory, but leave the target directory blank. The files will be converted from .MOD to .MPG, with the date/time intact.

JVC camcorders store the time/date and other information in a separate file with the extension of .MOI, so copying while preserving the date/time is a more complicated process. If you’re trying to do that, you’ll have to look for something other than SDcopy.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=proudflesh;2474644]Thanks, I do use SDCopy but by leaving the target blank, wouldn’t this change the original file on the media card, thereby corrupting it and making it useless in the camera and requiring a card format before it can be used in the camera again?:confused:[/QUOTE]

No, because it doesn’t change the format, it just renames the files. The files are already in the proper format, they’re just using a different extension. It’s just a way for corporations to make things unnecessarily complicated, so they can rule over the earth.

Besides, you’ll never know until you test it out. That is how the utility instructs you do to it. If you don’t trust it, then I suggest you use something else.

Thanks a bunch, I will play around with it!