Magicspeed and Win7

vbimport

I just installed the Samsung SH-S223L in my new build with Win7 and I have confirmed the latest firmware (SB02) and have searched for a new driver (using MS Default Driver 6.1.7600.16385)

Drive seems to be working fine but when I run Magicspeed I get “Drive Not Found” error message

BTW I downloaded Magicspeed from the SamsungODD site where it confirms that this drive is compatible with Magicspeed

Has anyone else observed this? I have read that some people had this problem with Vista as well. I’m not going to worry if I can’t get Magicspeed to work… I’m just curious if there is a fix

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=studioCJF;2459415]I just installed the Samsung SH-S223L in my new build with Win7 and I have confirmed the latest firmware (SB02) and have searched for a new driver (using MS Default Driver 6.1.7600.16385)[/quote]There is no such thing like a downloadble driver for optical drives. These drivers are part of the operating system.

Drive seems to be working fine but when I run Magicspeed I get “Drive Not Found” error message

Magic Speed may not be compatible with your flavour of Windows.

Michael

[QUOTE=mciahel;2459465]Magic Speed may not be compatible with your flavour of Windows.[/QUOTE]

That is what I assume… like I said I was more curious to see how it worked but I doubt I would ever use it

[QUOTE=mciahel;2459465]There is no such thing like a downloadble driver for optical drives. These drivers are part of the operating system.[/QUOTE]

I guess I really never realized that… no wonder I can never find drivers for ODD’s :doh:

Thanks for the education :wink:

Hi mciahel,
I have the same problem a year and a half later. I just bought two of the same drives and downloaded the latest DVD drive firmware from Samsung (B04) and installed Magic Speed on Windows 7 Sp1 64-bit and the thing says “Drive not found!!” when I start it. I’ve got a very fast processor and so I’d really like to read discs faster than the standard 20x or whatever it is. I contacted Samsung and they referred me to a phone number and at that number they said a tech would need to contact me by phone (that was 3 days ago). I’ll bookmark this site and update everyone if I get a resolution.