Magic DVD Copier Review

I just posted the article Magic DVD Copier Review.

Magic DVD Copier is Magic Software’s DVD back up solution. So does it meet the grade? Find out here in this exclusive review brought to you by MyCE.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/review/magic-dvd-copier-review-57133/](http://www.myce.com/review/magic-dvd-copier-review-57133/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Great job Wombler, this program is worthy of all your hard work. Congrats.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2618619]Great job Wombler, this program is worthy of all your hard work. Congrats.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Alan, very much appreciated. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Nicely done on the review :clap::clap:

Nice work Wombler.

I have a few observations on the software. First, the trial is considerably less generous than that seen from Magic’s main competitors. While five attempts may give you an idea of how the program works, it certainly doesn’t give you enough time to fully explore all the options.

The second is, what is the possible use of a password on a copied dvd? I have to agree with your assessment of this option in the software. While it does offer something different, I can’t see myself ever using it.

I would think that removing UOP’s should be checked by default, and not left open.

And as someone who uses encoders rather than transcoders for compressing movies, I don’t really see myself using this particular program, but it is encouraging that they have done some tweaking to this part of the program, and are giving acceptable results with difficult material.

Great review Wombler :clap:

Very well laid out and simplified, thanks

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2618634]I would think that removing UOP’s should be checked by default, and not left open. [/QUOTE]
Definitely agree with you on that one. Pretty sure everyone hates those pesky “User Operation Prohibited” restrictions.

Thanks for all the feedback guys and the compliments. :flower:

I just hope this review is of some use to people trying to assess this program.

Kerry, I agree with you entirely and thanks for taking the time to make such detailed comments. :iagree:

Prohibited User Operations should always be removed IMO with the exception of the angle PUO as removing this can cause the angle icon to be displayed during playback in certain players.

I took all the various installation and settings screen dumps before adjusting anything and TBH I didn’t pay too much attention to the defaults at that stage. :slight_smile:

I see what you mean though. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Wombler, thanks for your hard efforts and dedication on this application I shall give it a try.

[QUOTE=SilverHedge42;2625426]Wombler, thanks for your hard efforts and dedication on this application I shall give it a try.[/QUOTE]

I’m glad you found the review useful SilverHedge42 and thanks for taking the time to comment on it. :cool:

It’s good software and I can’t see you being disappointed, but you’re always best to try these things first, so see how you get on with the trial and then you can decide.

If you have any queries feel free to start a thread and we’ll do our best to assist.

[B]Wombler[/B]