Magic DVD Copier - auto update decryption file

vbimport

In the Magic DVD Copier faq, it says, under “Misc” in “Config…” to…

Auto-update decryption file - If this option is checked, Magic DVD Copier will automatically check if there’re new decryption files on the sever and then download them to your PC in the background every time it launches.

Only thing is I can’t actually SEE any checkbox for this.

Am I missing something?

The auto update may only be available for the ripper, I see no setting at all for it in the copier

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2619233]The auto update may only be available for the ripper, I see no setting at all for it in the copier[/QUOTE]
Its does it without you asking, its done by default.

Use the Parse DVD Setting when you put a new disc in:

Parsing - The next step involves reading the DVD files, or otherwise known as parsing. Basically, the conversion tool has to know how to “playback” the DVD file, before it can convert it. The information required to parse a DVD is stored in the .ifo files on the DVD. Things such as multiple subtitles, languages and angles, are all stored in these .ifo files, so it is important that you have copied them in the previous step.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2619238]Its does it without you asking, its done by default.

Use the Parse DVD Setting when you put a new disc in:[/QUOTE]

That’s correct, the decryption files are now downloaded automatically following a change in how the program operates and it’s been like that since version 5.0.0.

The parse DVD function is for discs that appear to be larger than 10GB which presumably only occurs with new protection variants prior to updated decryption files being released.

It determines the genuine playable content by analysing the disc structure in advance of copying the disc .

I wouldn’t necessarily recommend using this method by default though since as far as I’m aware it’s only required in certain circumstances.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Wonder why the Copier does not have the setting and the Ripper does :confused:

If I remember right the Copier had the setting in the earlier version.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2619256]Wonder why the Copier does not have the setting and the Ripper does :confused:

If I remember right the Copier had the setting in the earlier version.[/QUOTE]

Don’t know but presumably they’ll add it later.

I suppose it had to be added to one of them first. :bigsmile:

Prior to version 5.0.0. Magic DVD Copier also had this option so it would seem that the FAQ needs updated.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks, everyone.

[QUOTE=SV7;2619302]Thanks, everyone.[/QUOTE]

It’s always good to see people finding this place useful.

Oh and welcome to the forums BTW. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Nice to be here.

I wiped my virtual feet ‘n’ ev’ryfink!! :smiley: