Mafia

I have used the Game Setting on Clone CD to backup Mafia. The backup installs fine but when I go to run the game, it says it can’t find the cd. I have read the other posts, but I used a 2x burning speed and the game setting. What did I do wrong? I have a I/O MagicWriter… Thanks

if possible run the game from a cdrom …not from a cd writer…if possible cannot be accomplished then use clone’s “hide cd-r media” to play from the cd writer!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

ive got a sony drive and the game setting in clone cd copied it fine i always run it from a regular cd drive bc it spins up faster
you might be getting the error bc your cd drive doesnt recognize the cd fast enough

Originally posted by DoubleM94
I have used the Game Setting on Clone CD to backup Mafia. The backup installs fine but when I go to run the game, it says it can’t find the cd. I have read the other posts, but I used a 2x burning speed and the game setting. What did I do wrong? I have a I/O MagicWriter… Thanks
I know of your writer through some info at CDFreaks, one here, (he did Train Simulator and FIFA 2002) and other sites. We know that the game is protected by SafeDisc v2 (point eight) and your writer will not back it up, since 2.51.020 actually, using just about any soft app including CloneCD :frowning:

You should be able to emulate it using Daemon Tools :slight_smile:

There is a way that worked with my plex 24/10/40:

Try to burn it on CD-RW using the sd v2.51 clone cd profile. You can try it with or without AWS.

Install the game not from your burner!!!

Good luck!!!

this might add toi the confusion i copied mafia without any trouble it runs perfectly i copy medieval total war and i have to use a no cd patch bc it doesnt recognize the burned cds as being legit now my question is why the difference? they both use safedisk 2.51 according to clonyxxl also if im trying to burn a bin/cue image of a game thats safedisc protected would converting it to iso and mounting it in paragon cd emulator allow me to use clony cd to copy it with the protection intact and avoid the need for a patch to make it work?

Originally posted by wakemonkeypimp
if possible run the game from a cdrom …not from a cd writer…if possible cannot be accomplished then use clone’s “hide cd-r media” to play from the cd writer!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Do you mean use CloneCD’s option or Clony XXL? I don’t see that option in Clone CD.

FutureProof, thoe previous posts were made by me also. That burner always worked as I expected it too. My newer computer, the Sony VAIO MX-10 whcih I installed the game to has the Pioneer A3 DVD_RW drive. You think that could be the problem?
Any advice for using my Pioneer for burning games?(it doesn’t support RAW-DAO) Thanks guys.

FutureProof, those previous posts were made by me also.

DOH! :o Just goes to show how closely I was looking at just the text rather than the poster

[B]

Any advice for using my Pioneer for burning games?(it doesn’t support RAW-DAO) Thanks guys. [/B]
Try RAW-SAO and then Blindwrite if CloneCD doesn’t cut it