Mafia problem

About an hour ago, my mate arrived. He brought this game “mafia” with him, to test it on my system. So we installed the game and everything runs smooth, except… when driving through the city, in some parts, there are flashing triangles everywhere! So it’s kinda hard to play the game…

I already updated my video drivers (GFX: Aopen GF4-Ti4200) and reintalled DirectX 8.1b.

My OS is Win2k with SP3

Its the video drivers...I had to roll-back mine to nvidia 23.10 when gta3 came and Ive kept`em there eversince…with NO compatability problems with newer games whatsoever… I found info on this on the isonews forum awhile back, cause I have the old gf256ddr and you probably cannot use the same divers. The detonator series are located here: http://www.pc-extreme.de/downloads/index.html?/downloads/index1.shtml

:wink:

:eek: Don’t you just hate it when so-called “upgrades” turn out really to be downgrades. :Z

Hmm do video drivers that old work with a GF4 Ti4200?

Problem is, that my card is a ViVo card, and the ViVo capability can’t be used with regular Nvidia drivers, only with the Aopen ones.

Yes, I did try Nvidia drivers, as well as the Aopen drivers :wink:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]Hmm do video drivers that old work with a GF4 Ti4200?

Nope…gf3 were the latest back then, dont know the version youd be best off with, you may find something through google. Thought all nvidia based boards could run on the detonators, only thing were you`d may lose some of the extra features…??

Originally posted by wonderboy
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]Hmm do video drivers that old work with a GF4 Ti4200?

Nope…gf3 were the latest back then, dont know the version youd be best off with, you may find something through google. Thought all nvidia based boards could run on the detonators, only thing were you`d may lose some of the extra features…?? [/B]

Like the hardware T&L engine? Hmmm that would be no option, that one’s about 50% of the performance of the GF4…

I wonder, aren’t more people having these problems? Not that I care about the game (I don’t have to time to play it anyway), but I want my system to be problemless…

I think the first drivers to support the GF4 was either 28.32 or 29.30 (or close to there)

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]

Like the hardware T&L engine? Hmmm that would be no option, that one’s about 50% of the performance of the GF4…

I wonder, aren’t more people having these problems? Not that I care about the game (I don’t have to time to play it anyway), but I want my system to be problemless… [/B]

I ment extras in the sense on tv out, 3d glasses and shit like that…Id be vey surprised if you dindt keep the hw t&l engine.

note that you probably have to “force” windows to use the nvidia drivers(manually choose gf4-200 from the list)…at least at my system windows always seem to think the original asus drivers is the only thing for my board when we all know It`s not…hehe

here`s some more info: http://www.planetping.com/content/det.html

I’ve solved the problem! With making use of the latest beta drivers from NVidia (40.73 If I’m not mistaking) the game works fine…

Only problem is that I can’t use my Video in anymore :frowning: