"mafia"- need help

I try to backup mafia and failed.
I use:asus dvdX16,plextor writerX24,cloncd 4.1.0.1
I try this profile:clony xxl,game,sd2.51+aws,sd(no aws)
What happened: I burn all 3 cd usually in the last one the DVD refuses to read the disc .

Please help…

Mafia is protected with Sd2.70.30; to obtain a perfect backup you must use a “2 sheep burner”(Liteon, Asus, Lg ecc.). Unfortunately with the Plex24x(my burner) I wasn’t able to obtain a good backup (with AWS or not).
Greetings.

Mafia is protected with Sd2.70.30; to obtain a perfect backup you must use a “2 sheep burner”(Liteon, Asus, Lg ecc.). Unfortunately with the Plex24x(my burner) I wasn’t able to obtain a good backup (with AWS or not).

I also my Plex 24 dont

Pao

Even if it’s strange that you can’t install the 3rd cd(even if all cds are copy protected). However the play disc is cd1.

Originally posted by maximino72
Even if it’s strange that you can’t install the 3rd cd(even if all cds are copy protected). .

meanwhile i try to backup with alchohol120% same result, the 3rd cd can’t install.

What is the exact error that you are having when you are trying to install the 3rd disk, any messagges, crashes to the desktop, what happens, stops the install halfway? . . .

Have you tried an alternative program like Diskdump frontend to read the disk and the Fire Burner 2.7.1 to write the image.

This combination should even work with your setup.

A little bit more info. regarding the exact nature of error would be helpful.

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
What is the exact error that you are having when you are trying to install the 3rd disk, , stops the install halfway? . . .

exactly, the install stop.

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
Have you tried an alternative program like Diskdump frontend to read the disk and the Fire Burner 2.7.1 to write the image.

[/B]

No, i didn’t try,can you give me more detal?

p.s
alcohol120% make an image(like diskdump) and then burn(like fire burner) and with alcohol120% i didn’t Success to make a copy.

Plex 24 can do mafia with clonecd 4.0.1.10 (higher versions i haven´t tried yet.)

Read and write with plex at max speed

Profile: sd 2.51 without AWS

But you have to write it on a CD-RW!!!

Don´t ask me why, but it works for sure!!!

Originally posted by Vaira
[B]

But you have to write it on a CD-RW!!!

[/B]

i try only with cd-rw(TDK)

Just retry with an other media (yamaha 10X RW and Intenso 10x RW I can confirm they work) or just replace all 3 rw´s with new TDK´s. Maybe one of your TDK you´ve used is faulty…

Use same version of clonecd and the settings i´ve posted…
FES auto
error correction: software
retries: 0

Good luck, hope it works for you.

Ok if you check http://come.to/ddumpfrontend you should be able to get a free copy of disk dump front end. I am pretty sure the program is a freeware.

Then you need to get the program called Fireburner 2.1.7, if you make a seacrh in google you should be able to find their home page to download a copy of their trial version that should be enough for testing purposes.

here is a small section of the instructions that has been posted by Philamber (Moderator) which very clearley explains how you should be using those two programs.

DISCDUMP (using standard windows frontend) with FIREBURNER, CDRWIN, NERO OR BURNATONCE to burn the image)

Requirements for Discdump

a) A functioning aspi layer.

b) The windows frontend. Either download discdump and the frontend as a package from the link above or from the downloads page of the daemon tools website. (Note that, strictly speaking, you don’t need the frontend but if you know enough to use the program without it, you don’t need any help. Just look at the readme.)

Installing and configuring discdump.

a) Extract and run the setup executable contained in the downloaded zip file. This will extract and install both discdump and the front- end to your hard drive and will also create a start menu item for the front-end.

b) Then run the front-end. The first time you do so, it will ask you for the location of ddump.exe (if you installed with the default directory, and there is no reason not to, it will be in C:\Program Files\ddump). Select ddump.exe, click on open and then click ok to save the settings. You are now set up and ready to go. (There is no need to use or alter the advanced settings for safedisc back-ups.) Note: If when you run the front-end for the first time, it doesn’t ask you for the location of ddump.exe, just click on the configuration menu item, then the locate ddump.exe item in the sub-menu and take it from there.

Using discdump.

1. First insert the cd you want to copy into your preferred reader. Then run the front-end.

2. The frontend will display a list of possible reading devices on the left side; select the one where you inserted the cd if not already selected, check safedisc in the options on the right side and click on start discdump.

3. The front end will then ask you where to save the image and under what name. Do not use any extension as discdump will create 3 files with appropriate extensions as part of the dumping process. [You might wish to create a separate folder for permanent storage of your discdump log files and for temporary storage of the iso files and cue sheets which you can delete after burning. Name it something like c:\ddump.] It doesn’t matter what name you use, so use a name that will able to identify in future (e.g for civilization 3 use something like civ3, for the first disc of medal of honor allied assault something like mohaa_d1). Once you’ve specified the name and storage location for the image files, click ok and discdump itself will start in a separate dos box.

4. If your dump is successful, the dos box will look something like this:
    “DDump v1.10 - D(isc)Dump - ©1999-2001 by XiT
    Detecting appropriate Read_CD subcommand…
    Analyzing SafeDisc CD…
    Reading TOC & writing CUE sheet…
    Startsector: 0
    Endsector : 321498
    Reading sector: 321498 Status: Finishing
    Dump successful finished!
    < Press any key >”

5. Press a key (I generally hit the spacebar) to close the dos box and then close the front-end unless, of course, you want to dump the image of another cd straight away.

6. If you now open the folder where instructed the front-end to save the image, you will find 3 files with whatever name you chose and with the extensions of iso (the image file), cue (the cue sheet) and log (the error log file). The iso image file and cue sheet file are now ready for burning with the raw burning program of your choice.

Burning a discdump image.

Any burning program that supports cue sheets and which has a raw burning mode supported by your writer can be used to burn a discdump image of a safedisc 2 protected cd. Suitable raw burning modes include sao-raw, dao16 (referred to as dao pq by blindwrite) and dao96 (referred to as dao pw by blindwrite).

As indicated above there are a number of programs suitable for burning discdump images. They include fireburner, cdrwin, nero and burnatonce.

Using Fireburner

There are two available versions of fireburner, the old v.1.06 and the new v.2.xx (currently 2.17). The instructions for the 2 versions differ and are as follows:

Fireburner 1.06

1. Insert a blank cdr into your writer and after starting the program click on Visual Cue Burner/Bin Chunker to bring up the CD Track Layout screen.

2. Then right click anywhere on the blank layout and click on “Load Tracks from *.CUE”. Navigate to the folder where you dumped the image, select the cue sheet and click on Open. This will load the track layout.

3. Then right click again on the layout screen and click on Burn/Test Burn". This will open the burning options screen.

4. On that screen, select your writer and writing speed, check “Eject CD” and “Close Session” and select 'Disk at Once (DAO) aka “RAW”'as the recording method. Leave all other options unchecked and click OK to commence recording.

5. When recording is completed and the burnt cd ejected, just click OK, close the CD Track Layout and exit the program. You’re finished.

Fireburner 2.xx (currently 2.17)

1. Insert a blank cdr and after starting the program click on the file menu item. From the sub-menu then click on “Import Tracks from Cuesheet”. Navigate to the folder where you dumped the image, select the cue sheet and click on Open. Then click OK on the progress indicator box that appears and the track layout will be loaded.

2. Then click on the configuration menu item. From the sub-menu then click on “Device Options” to open the Device Configuration sheet.

3. On the Device Configuration sheet select your writer and writin speed. Then select either Disc-at-once 16 or Disc-at-once 96 (preferably Dao16, if available) as the recording method. Select “Close CD” and check “Eject when finished”, “Enable Burn Proof” (if supported by your writer) and “Autocorrect sub-channel” leaving all other options unchecked. Then close the Device Configuration sheet.

4. Then click on the createcd menu item and click on burn in the sub-menu. Recording will now start. When it is completed and the burnt cd ejected, just click OK on the message box and exit the program. You’ve finished.

Give that a try and see if you have any success.

Maybe changing the media and Lowering you Final Burn speed would not be such a bad idea.

I remember mafia was very tricky to burn as I had to reduce my read and write speed to get a working copy.

Tahnk you all especially " PaRaDoX".
I use DISCDUMP to make the image and than i burn the image(cue file) with NERO (i use standard dao mode) using plextorX24.
The copy work!!!

Glad to hear it worked for you. :slight_smile:

@ ybe,

please wait for the next CloneCD update, it will include a SD solution for all burners.

regards, sven

We have to…:wink: :wink: :wink: