Mafia and Hitman 2 - which protections and how do I make a perfect copy?

By which protections are Mafia and Hitman2 protected? Is it possible to make a perfect copy?

I have plextor 124 ts scsi and philips 8x atapi burners. the latest versions of clonecd, blindwrite, and nero are installed.

Mafia should be Safedisc 2.70.030.
Hitman 2 should be SecuRom New V-4.83.11.0031.

Don’t know whether your devices are good Safedisc2 eaters. Try it out with default Safedisc2 settings in CloneCD, and use a CD-RW for the first try. AFAIK it’s with Safedisc2 later than 2.70.030 that CloneCD won’t make a 100% 1:1 copy.

With Hitman 2 it’s whole other ballgame. I’ve made a copy with CloneCD which let’s me install the game, but it will ask for an original CD when I start the game up. Have to use a NO-CD crack for that one.

Originally posted by Dazzler
With Hitman 2 it’s whole other ballgame. I’ve made a copy with CloneCD which let’s me install the game, but it will ask for an original CD when I start the game up. Have to use a NO-CD crack for that one.

That’s the way it’s going to be until someone comes up with a way to actually duplicate SecuROM New. Pity all those software pirates out there have forced companies to take these measures to keep those of us who want to make legitimate backups from doing so. :frowning:

Originally posted by saturnotaku
[B]

That’s the way it’s going to be until someone comes up with a way to actually duplicate SecuROM New. Pity all those software pirates out there have forced companies to take these measures to keep those of us who want to make legitimate backups from doing so. :frowning: [/B]

Just my words.

WRFan, you WILL NOT have any success with Securom, as it is a problem for everybody. With Safedisc 2, I am not sure if you can back it up. However, check the supported CD Writers list in the Clone CD Help and look for your Philips model, look under the “Correct EFM Encoding” column and see if there is a sheep. There will be only one, if any. If you have a sheep, read the safedisc image and write it with “Amplify Weak Sectors” (profiles are available in on of the stickies on the forum.

Originally posted by WRFan
…is it possible to simply copy the contents of the cds on harddisc, replace the exe by the cracked one and burn them on cd?

Originally posted by Dazzler
…Have to use a NO-CD crack for that one.

Originally posted by CCDKing
…or perhaps download a crack.

Guys this is getting on my nerves - you know better than that :wink:
We all know of the possibility of using an illegal exe, and this is not what CDFreaks wants to advertize in its forums.

why is it an “illegal exe”? gamecopyworld is a legal site. if you own the original, you are allowed to use a cracked exe. and if you do not, then even a perfect copy is illegal, since you do not have the original cds.

if you own the original, you are allowed to use a cracked exe.
Nope, you are not allowed to modify the content of the software/game by any means even if you do own the original. A “crack” is a product of reverse engineering of the original exe which is altered in such a way to bypass the protection scheme implemented. This is illegal.

On the other hand in most countries you are allowed to make a safety back up of a game/software you own, if this is done in a way that none of the content of the cd is altered (1:1 copy).

Originally posted by WRFan

I have plextor 124 ts scsi and philips 8x atapi burners. the latest versions of clonecd, blindwrite, and nero are installed.

Reading & writing is now the issue with SafeDisc2. You should be able to backup Mafia (but not later titles) using your Philips + CloneCD. The latest SecuROM can’t be defeated, yet.