Mafia & 40125S Lite-On

What settings have people used to sucessfully burn a copy of this game that doesn’t crash when trying to launch it? I can only play the game with the original discs at this moment, or w/ a no-cd crack. Not a big deal really, but I’d like to be able to do it since everything I read says its possible w/ the burner.

I’ve made a few coasters thus far, trying w/o AIW atm. Just got this burner not more than a month ago and haven’t had a problem thus far until this game :(.

So to reiterate, what settings did you use w/ this writer for a successful 1:1 copy of Mafia?

i have just burned mafia as well as knightrider on liteon LTR-48125S +latest firmware from liteonsite - using
24x memorex(coloured discs) media and burned it @ 24x speed with smart burnproof on also!!

to-do mafia i used alcohol 120% with safedisc 2 settings for ripping and burning (but blindwrite would of done the same also)

all i did was make an image then burned that image back to cdr and im playin both games right now perfectly lol i also check to make sure mafia played later levels and not throw a wobbly and it sure did play the last level :slight_smile:

also ut2003 is fine and dandy but i used BW for that with a mds i had from alcohol that i converted

if your having issues on your mafia cdr try writin it slower maybe at 8- 4 x speed

goodluck:D

Hey labchild what protection is on Knightrider?

i used safedisc 2 settings when i wrote the cd in blindwrite but it should work in alcohol 120% also . i just happen to have blindwrite running at the time…

ps put ‘enhance weak sectors’ on also i think i had that on … and its working fine …cheap and cheerful game but i loved knightrider when i was young so i dont care…:slight_smile:

Originally posted by Balbados
[B]What settings have people used to sucessfully burn a copy of this game that doesn’t crash when trying to launch it?

So to reiterate, what settings did you use w/ this writer for a successful 1:1 copy of Mafia? [/B]
I have to ask…are you playing from the burner? Using Hide CD-R Media?

Use the SD2 profile (w/out AWS) available from the sticky post.

Read: FES on
Write: all off except buffer underrun

hi

When i ripped the mafia game it has these options turned ON under ‘safedisc 2’ parameters in alcohol120% (might help you lot to read this for those that use other progs to rip & burn>

rip speed > max
skip reading errors > on
fast skip error blocks > on

When burning the finished image the options shown are as follows in alcohol120%

raw dao >yes
bypass efm error > yes
rectify sub channel data > no
smartburn>on/bufferunderun >on
speed > max

( which happens to be 24x cos thats what the memorex cdr’s i have are /but mny people like to play safe and burn @4x, i say what ever makes it work for you i guess)

BURN

now even though you may not have a120% you can copy what alcohol does here into your own cd burn prog and try it out…

And thats all i did and ive done a few sd games now … woo hooo this liteon ltr 48125s rocks!

good luck all

I have a LiteOn 24102B with latest firmware.

With The Latest and previous version of clonecd I was unable to make a working copy of Mafia. I tried the profile from here with and without aws no difference.

It would get to the second disk and stop on a file that i think was ad6.

Blindwrite / Alcohol… No problems…

Use Alcohol or Blindwrite…

I copied Mafia with a Lite-On LTR-40125W drive using the ‘SafeDisc (2) [no AWS]’ Profile. The SafeDisc version Mafia is still doable with CloneCD. There’s no need to switch to Alcohol or Blindwrite. Balbados tried FutureProof’s suggestion?

Using it in my Toshiba DVD Drive not my CDR drive, don’t even have that CloneCD prog running in my tasks when I try to play it.

Got it working though thanks to FutureProof’s & LabChild’s reading suggestion (I must have thought I tried something that I didn’t because I swear I’d done that before).

Thanks all for the help :bigsmile:

what the hell is AWS ???

what the hell is AWS ???

amplify weak sectors :wink:

Originally posted by yazeed000
what the hell is AWS ???
You haven’t read The FAQ! Look at the links in my signature :wink: