MAde working backup of Soldiers Heroes of WW2

First, this forum is great!, after lurking around for some weeks reading reviews and opinions i decided to go out and get me a Plextor Premium cd-rw instead of my standard MSi something burner…
I bought blindwrite since it seems to be the best copy software around? :wink:
got it installed followed the guides to backup my newly purchased and already well used game “read title”, i followed some guides i found in a sig from a forum attender here called chaos something (sorry man i cant recall your name!, but thx for the good guides!) and made a bwa file of the disc, cleaned it up and began burning the disc at 4x, after about 20min the disc was done i made sure i had all virtual cd turned off and the game was not in the drive, i inserted it, 30 secs verification èt voilà it worked! :bigsmile: first backup and already such a huge success thx VSO,Plextor and all you great forum folk here helping me making the right choices :iagree:

damn, why can’t i just believe you… :wink:
is it because of Starforce 3 being the protection of this game?
Which version of the game do you have? language? which protection is on it? use A-Ray Scanner to find the protection…

but i don’t think that bw + plex premium does the newest starforce…
I tested it by myself and it doesn’t work…

ps: what settings did you use? which bw version? did you use the tweaker? which settings?

i do know its hard to believe, i find it hard myself :stuck_out_tongue: . I know starforce 3 doesnt have any sector information on the disc regardless i used the tweaker and set it to include autoplay info, always extract subcodes for data, write speed 4, read speed 12, in topology i defined my made bwa file, used write with plextor premium, never extract topology, i burned the 2 images ive made with this method inserted the discs in my plextor dvd-cd reader and installed, used starforce cleaner installed update to v1.12.2 started game, rebooted, and started game again and within 30 secs i was at the start screen :smiley:
i forgot to include the bw version was the latest on vso page, and the media was a pair of verbatim cd-rw 80min

What hardware did you use to read, burn, and play the game?

installed, used starforce cleaner installed update to v1.12.2 started game, rebooted, and started game again
why do you install the game, remove starforce drivers, update game, install starforce drivers again?

i just cannot believe that it worked - the only thing might be LUCK…
try to burn the disc 1 (play disc) once again - maybe use another type of media - and report, if it works… so we could see if it was the 0,00001%-chance to backup sf3 or if there’s a bug in soldiers’ sf3-drivers… :wink:

will try to burn some new medias tomorrow but these i have burned keeps on working!, its a bug in that starforce dont know how exactly it works but you have to remove the one that gets installed, and install a new one even though its the same version from same source :stuck_out_tongue: i got this tip from a… shall we say underground forum hosted in the netherlands :wink:

I also made a working backup of S:HoWW2 using bw 4.2.5 . I extracted an image file (default settings, reading of subcodes was enabled, 4x speed), created a bwa (at 4x speed) and burnt it on a usual cd-r at 4x speed.

The disc reading job has been done by my Toshiba DVD 1612.
As writer I selected my Liteon 40125W drive.

The game starts within a few seconds from the Toshiba drive, but NOT from the Liteon burner. For that reason I wouldn’t call this a true 1:1 copy, but at least it’s playable.

Sorry for not answering earlier as promised, bu alot of trouble came up at work so :frowning:
i tried to make another copy using Mr.Platinum media cd-r, that didnt work, so i tried some cd-rw’s and they worked :slight_smile: very odd i must say.

Can anyone explain me how to backup this game, because my CD players scratch the CD’s within a few months, and how about u are allowed to make a backup for your own ?

I tried it different ways, with blindwrite and alcohol even clonecd, but when the CD is checked it says wrong cdkey, but it’s the right one.

Please help me with the settings to rip this beauty of a game

don’t hope - you’ll not make a working backup with a chance of 99,999% because of the protection used…

The game starts within a few seconds from the Toshiba drive, but NOT from the Liteon burner. For that reason I wouldn’t call this a true 1:1 copy, but at least it’s playable.

Now, why do I find this so hard to believe? Maybe because the Toshiba is a much more accurate and, therefore, unforgivable reader than any LiteOn?

@Gigi82: Don’t get me wrong…, it just seems incredibly strange.

Pafan: I know it’s hard to believe, but it’s true; my backup works.

But maybe there is an explanation for this.
I read on a german forum that some newer starforce 3 protected games are having bug in the protection system (the protection hasn’t been inserted correctly). Two of those games are Codename Panzers and S:HoWW2. Therefore, some people were able to make a backup.

I’m not so surprised the back up worked, I find strange that the back up does work on the Toshi instead of the LiteOn.

Maybe the Liteon burner recognizes the backup disc as a cd-r because starforce disables “hide cd-r media” during the cd-check.