Made in taiwan

Hi all:
Today I walked into a local Bestbuy store to check out
some DVD+R media. Without exception, all of them were
made in taiwan regardless of the brand. (fuji, verbatim, tdk, memorex,…)

Does “made in taiwan” mean that it is manufactured by CMC?
Thanx

I recently bought some Verbatim Datalife 4x DVD+R from Bestbuy that said “made in Taiwan” on the container (50pk spindle). They turned out to be MCC 002, and are pretty good disks…can burn at 8x on my nec2500 with only occasional minor errors and at 6x with almost no problems at all.

Not necessarily CMC.
Ricohjpnr01 media are made in Taiwan as well(by Ritek I believe).

There are DVD media manufactured by CMC with “CMC MAG” Mfr ID, and there are DVD media manufactured by CMC with, e.g. "MCC’ or “TTG01” Mfr ID, and of course there are also DVD media manufactured by other companies with all sorts of Mfr ID. You can start by reading the following thread:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=113987&highlight=#113987

and welcome to the real world, not as simple as you might think.

Taiwan is where most CD/DVD media manufacturers are based. RITEK, CMC, Prodisc, Princo, Gigastorage, and Daxon(Acer) are based there just to name a few.

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

well i took a punt,

brought a 25 pack of TDK DVD+R’s for $50 (AU) (hagling gets discount :slight_smile: ), however there are ‘made in tawian’ :frowning: , but on the other hand the media code is

Media Information
Region information N/A not a DVD-VIDEO
Media code/Manufacturer ID CMC MAG F01
Media Product Revision Number 00h
Free Blocks 405405696
Free Capacity 4.38GB(4.70GB)
Book Type DVD+R
Media Type DVD+R
Media Id Code Speed 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 8.0x 11080KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 6.0x 8310KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 4.0x 5540KBps
Available Write Descriptor CLV 2.4x 3324KBps
Data area starting sector 30000h
Linear Density 0.267um/bit
Track Density 0.74um/track
Number of Layers 1

i thought to myself, what a let down, i just brought me some crappy ass media, well on a reply to another post, it was suggested that i can speed hack these CMC to 8x, so i did, and check out the results :bow: (i love thoughs codeguys)

i dont know what to say other than ‘CMC likes my LDW 451s@851s GSOH’

steve

i thought to myself, what a let down, i just brought me some crappy ass media, well on a reply to another post, it was suggested that i can speed hack these CMC to 8x, so i did, and check out the results :bow: (i love thoughs codeguys)

I could have told you that those were made by CMC! I have posted this information about the new Australian TDK DVD+/-Rs elsewhere on this forum!

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

[quote] I could have told you that those were made by CMC! I have posted this information about the new Australian TDK DVD+/-Rs elsewhere on this forum! [quote]

yeah i think i read that post, however, as people have suggested in this thread, a few major companys make there media in taiwan. i have been watching this 25 pack for about 2 months (therefore making it oldish), it was $70,so i waited till stocktake to snap it up!! but i am getting good burns with this media, so i got no complaints!

steveo from the coast!!

ps, terminalvelocd, could your please check you PM’s i need a hand!!