Made images of my Prey CDs but

I made images of my Prey CDs the other day but I can’t get the game to run with the images mounted in Daemon Tools. At first I was getting the “Insert Original Disc” message. Then I tried to use CureROM… after running CureROM and creating a new Prey icon, I clicked the icon and kept getting an error messge that prey.exe has generated errors and must be closed. I then decided that maybe it was my images so I made completely new images of the CDs but still had no luck. I finally did some research on here on an old topic about Securom and found out that I needed to hide my virtual drives. Here’s the link to the article:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=126518
I created both deny shortcuts to hide my daemon tools and got a little further. Now instead of the “Insert Original Disc” message, I get a message that says “A required security module can not be activated. This program can not be executed.” obviously due to my blocking the program from checking for virtual drives.

So now this is where I’m stuck. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to get these images to work properly? According to what I have run across during my research, Prey uses Securom 7.24 - If anyone can help out I would greatly appreciate it.

Have a look here. Read a try the various options given.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/t8221-guide-to-using-extra-programsaddonstoolsregistry-hacks-with-the-latest-games.html

:cool: :cool:

Hi

I did this the easy way, i purchased the game, got a patched exe file, duplicated the game dvd, and not a single problem.

Rodney

I’ve tried a couple of patched exe files that I found on various sites but everytime I use one, the game acts like it’s loading (no splash screen though) and after about a minute it goes back to windows and says that prey.exe has encounted errors and will be shut down by windows.

Where, might I ask, did you get your patched exe file from? You can PM or email me if you don’t want to say here in the open.

I finally got it to work. Apparently, all I needed to do was upgrade my sound and video drivers. I suspect it was actually the sound driver since I have an Nforce2 motherboard and have read that securom has issues with Nforce. It could have been my video drivers but I’m running an ATI Radeon 9700 so I doubt that was the case.

@brightspark

Yes, there are patched exe files, but posting that link in this forum is against the rules. I write my own work arounds and I will not share that information in this forum.

@PjStar27

Great to see that you got it working.

:cool: :cool: