Maddog media help

vbimport

looking for some media that will burn at 16x for a maddog burnner. can somone recommend something??

Post your exact drive string / model number.
Mad Dog DVD writers are based on NEC hardware, they should burn most discs with good quality.
Any major brand media should work well with your drive: Verbatim / Fujifilm / Memorex / TDK, etc

Don’t forget to update your firmware. :slight_smile:

i believe i have the one that is the same as a nec3540. but i could be wrong. what i am looking for is something like a 8x that will burn at 16x so i can save a few $ on media.
i am also trying to find the latest firmware for this drive. can i use 3540 firmware?

your sure you have a maddog/nec3540?
you can look in the device mgr to see the exact model of your dvd burner.

If it is indeed a rebadged 3540 then yes you can. Check out rpc1.org and they should be able to give you a definite answer about your drive if you can’t figure it out on your own. Anyways, I recommend the same media that I recommend for all other drives Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim (MCC) +R/-R.

rpc1.org coming up as a dead link:(

If you would post your drive string as numerous people have requested then we could tell you exactly what drive you have.

I believe some Mad Dog DVD writers are based on LG burners as well so that drive string is really quite important. We could be giving you all the wrong advice based on the wrong assumptions otherwise.