Madden NFL 2003/Safedisk 2.72

Anybody know if there is anything new about this version as it is the first time I have found it. Game backed up easily using default game cd profile at max read and write. Liteon LTD163D reader and Sony CRX175A1 writer.

No, but since you had no problems with your writer (a known sd2 killer), it seems that nothing significant has changed.

Thanks for posting the pic though, nice to see a new version number :wink:

Any word yet on the changes?

(Wow, this is my first post in the CloneCD forum for a while).

And what about Plextor 24 with this new SafeDisk ?
I hope CloneCD 4 will do it - with or without AWS.

Just wanted say that I was able to create a working backup of Madden 2003 with CloneCD 4 and the SafeDisc2 with AWS profile. It works in both the cdr and any cdrom. Burning was done with a Yamaha 2100 SCSI.

Originally posted by mas
It works in both the cdr and any cdrom. Burning was done with a Yamaha 2100 SCSI.
Really, really nice info :smiley:

It backed up fine on my liteon 40125 and my NEC 5700 DVD, also works on both.

It’s nice 2 see that again a new version of SafeDisk 2 succelfully can be backupped :wink:

hmm i’ve got a plextor 24x and i didnt manage to perform a perfect copy of the game, that sucks :frowning:
can someone help me?

hmm i’ve got a plextor 24x and i didnt manage to perform a perfect copy of the game, that sucks

The plextor isn’t a SD2.51.xxx or above killer

hmm perhaps but i managed to perform working backup’s of morrowind for ex.

Just wanted say that I was able to create a working backup of Madden 2003 with CloneCD 4 and the SafeDisc2 with AWS profile. It works in both the cdr and any cdrom. Burning was done with a Yamaha 2100 SCSI.

as far as i know this cdrw aint a sd 2.51++ killer ;p

With a one sheep burner like yours,burning games with safedisk with aws enabled is a hit&miss proposition especially v.2.51 and above. Try low read and write speeds and different media.

With a one sheep burner like yours,burning games with safedisk with aws enabled is a hit&miss proposition especially v.2.51 and above. Try low read and write speeds and different media.

hmm sorry to say that but my plextor 24x aint a cheap burner hehe, pls inform urself :stuck_out_tongue:
btw i managed to do a perfect backup with SD(AWS) profile and write speed @ 4x

TrueGordon,
What version of Safedisc (Game) were you successful at burning? My Plexy failed to make a “perfect” copy od C&C Renegade (Safedisc2.5.xxx). Plextors are great for audio protected cd’s, but the latest Safedisc and SecuROM3 new, they can’t cut it.

Shoebedobedoo:cool:

Shoebedobedoo

C&C Renegade (Safedisc2.5.xxx) - Plex24 can do it . Use CloneCD 4.0.10.1 with AWS - game setting. It works for me.

Sure it does, with the help of “Hide CD-R Media” ticked. I’m referring to a “perfect” backup, which the Plexy can’t cut. Try InseKtors 2.1 and install, then play your backup in your DVD/CD-Rom with InseKtor enabled:D Worked for my Toshiba SD-M1502

Originally posted by Shoebedobedoo
Sure it does, with the help of “Hide CD-R Media” ticked. I’m referring to a “perfect” backup, which the Plexy can’t cut.
Hide CD-R Media is a function of the CD-R not the duping program. If you took a CloneCD image and (other steps required) put it onto a pressed disc, then you wouldn’t need to hide the ATIP ('cos there 'aint one)

Originally posted by FutureProof
Hide CD-R Media is a function of the CD-R not the duping program. If you took a CloneCD image and (other steps required) put it onto a pressed disc, then you wouldn’t need to hide the ATIP ('cos there 'aint one)

How does one “Hide CD-R” directly from the CD-R?
How can one “Hide CD-R” without the aid of CloneCD, or any other software?
Why was “Hide CD-R” offered on CloneCD 3.3.4.1&up, but not previous versions?
Just logical questions here FutureProof :smiley:

Hide-CDR is a utility you ALWAYS need if you want to use your backup in a cd-writer.

When you want to write a cd-r, the writer checks your cd-r by reading the ATIP info. From this info the writer can determine the size of the disc, type of disc, etc. This info is used to determine the writers write strategy. So EVERY cd-r has ATIP info.

The latest game-protections have included an ATIP check. They reckon that if ATIP info is found, the disc must be a cd-r, thus the disc must be a copy. To prevent this you can play your backup in a cd-reader (which can’t read ATIP info, only writers can) or use the Hide-CDR utility while playing the backup in your writer.

:slight_smile: